PDA

View Full Version : DIY thread

fishdoc11
05/21/2004, 09:26 AM
Hey everyone,
I thought I would start a thread with DIY projects and info related to them. With all the searching I'm doing I didn't want to let some of this stuff get away. What better place to put good links than here where everyone can use them. Feel free to add links to DIY projects that you have tried or look promising.

The first one is Richard Durso's homepage(the inventor of the Durso standpipe!). Go on in and click on hardware on the left.

http://www.rl180reef.com

thanks, Chris

reewik
05/21/2004, 10:19 AM
Great idea Chris!

Sir Knight
05/21/2004, 10:22 AM
Hey Chris,
This is a great idea to have a DIY thread, but I think it will get lost in all the other type of posts here on RC.
I have an idea for this type of thread . We can talk to Jason about incorporating a DIY page on our website. This way it will not get lost and would be accessible to all of our members.
What do you think?

fishdoc11
05/21/2004, 12:04 PM
That sounds good Joe. We can put em on here for now and then maybe Jason can transfer the initial ones later.
thanks, Chris

Mdwannabe
05/21/2004, 08:12 PM
Being a MAJOR, DIY'er, I love the idea of a link on our web page. I'l look for the link with great anticipation.

See Ya:
Rick

fishdoc11
05/31/2004, 11:19 PM
Here's another cool site. Check out the sump he built for his 55. Also a cool step by step plan for building a small closed loop using a "squid" wavemaker.

www.melevsreef.com

Chris

Countzer0
06/01/2004, 06:58 AM
great idea .... I plan on doing alot of work to the website .... the storms that rolled through this weekend killed my free time ... (there was alot of cable to fix) but I will be doing a major update soon !! thanks for the input