PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have LR for sale?

white_queen
05/16/2004, 12:33 PM
Hey! I'm not usually in OKC but today my husband and I came up visiting some friends. Would love to maybe pick up some LR while in the area. Anyone have any for sale themselves or know of a good LFS with good quality rock for sale??

Thanks so much,
Angela <><
P.S. Just PM me info and phone number and I'll call you to try to hook up this afternoon before we leave. :-)

white_queen
05/16/2004, 01:02 PM
BTW - I only need about 35lbs at the most.

Thanks.

white_queen
05/17/2004, 05:11 PM
I visited Reef shop and they had some Fiji rock in tanks up there but it didn't look very full of life. Anyone have any experience with this LFS?

Angela <><

Tek
05/17/2004, 06:32 PM
I bought some LR from them 2 years ago and it worked great for my tank. If you want LR with more life then the florida aquacultured is the best way to go.

JimmyS
05/17/2004, 06:34 PM
Most of the rock I have is from the Reef Shop. It blooms out nicely with coraline growth, some sponge and feather dusters, but none of it is teathing with life like some of the LR that can be purchased off the web. I think (someone correct me) their rock doesnt come in submerged so it looses a lot of the lively stuffs.

I havent seen any LFS in the area with LR with lots of life. If anyone knows someplace that does sell some in the metro, let me know.

Jimmy

Tek
05/17/2004, 06:40 PM
They used to carry the Florida aquacultured at Aquarium Concepts, but it was 10.00 a pound. I was able to get a small piece that had 3 brains growing on it. All LR is shipped dry besides the Forida stuff from TBS.

white_queen
05/17/2004, 07:13 PM
Visited Reef Shop and it seemed like a pretty nice place. Very clean and staff was knowledgable on the fish I asked about. That's always so nice. To hear someone say, "No, I wouldn't sell you THAT fish unless you had a 100g tank or bigger."
Good! Good answer! *laughing*

Angela <><