PDA

View Full Version : OVerflow Fish guard

kirkfrey
05/15/2004, 04:37 PM
I need to glue something to acrylic that isn’t acrylic, what would be the best way to do this?

Here is the situation:
I have a 150G acrylic tank with 2 corner overflows built in. I keep having fish jump or otherwise get stuck in the overflows. I want to put up some sort of “guard� to block the small space from the top of the overflow grates to the underside of the tank – there is only about a ¼� space.

I found some plastic gutter guards that are basically an 1/8� mesh that I plan to cut and glue (somehow) to the overflows to keep critters out. I’m not so worried about the crabs/snails as the fish that seem to be stuck in there now – I just found a watchman gobbie and now my 6 line wrasse is stuck.

Any thoughts would be appreciated – I would prefer putting the mesh on the tank side of the overflows to keep anything from getting wedged between the top of the overflow and the new grate. In which case the glue has to be reef safe and cure underwater. If I have to I can put it on the other side of the overflows and shut down the circulation while the glue dries.

Thanks for any ideas!

kirkfrey
07/07/2004, 08:59 PM
^ bump ^