PDA

View Full Version : Live Rock for sale, Marshall Island

Tenner
05/14/2004, 09:02 PM
Please forgive if this is not appropriate in your forum...

Hey all,

Four or five months ago we worked a deal with a wholesaler to purchase Marshall Island live rock directly.

I am doing another deal. this time the costs are higher due to current shipping costs, gas pricing...etc.

My big concern last time was to get rock as fresh from the ocean as possible. We got the rock 48 hours out of the water.

This time is the same, the rock is being harvested tomorrow (Sat) am, flown to Hawaii Sat afternoon, flown to LA Sunday am, and hopefully up to Oakland later in the day Sunday. We are at the mercy of the airlines for getting the rock to us from LA, so it could lag as much as Monday morning. Still it would be no more than 48 hours out of the ocean.

The rock will go for anywhere from $4.85 to $5.00 per pound, depending on the final shipping charges.

The rock comes in boxes 35lbs each, I would like to keep boxes together and unopened till purchased as much as possible. If you would like to share a box with someone that is fine.

I will take cash, or credit cards (no amex please). We will distribute the rock at Room With A Cue in Dublin. Please post here or email me if you are interested. info@room-with-a-cue.com

We are getting a total of 15 boxes, 500+ lbs.

The rock last time was great!
Thanks
Matthew

Tenner
05/15/2004, 10:37 AM
Hey all,

We have four boxes spoken for, any other takers?

Thanks
Matthew

ArronAF
05/15/2004, 10:44 AM
If anyone might be interested in going in on a box. I can throw in some money.
Arron

Tenner
05/15/2004, 10:52 AM
Aaron,

Thanks, if no one from MARS is interested Daniel from the BARE forum was looking to split a box.

We now have about 4.5 boxes spoken for. I checked around the bay area for Marshall Island live rock, this is about $1.00 to $1.50 off LFS prices. Plus I know it's fresh, which is my biggest concern.

I am working on Southwest to try and lower our shipping costs from LA to Oakland. Southwest will only quote me 50 cents per lb, but last time they did it for less. Any discounts will be passed on.

Thanks again Aaron.
Matthew

Tenner
05/15/2004, 07:21 PM
Hey all,

I've had several questions about the price. The last time we did this deal we were able to sell the rock for something like 3.79/lb. This time we were not so lucky, as the wholesaler is incuring more shipping charges.

Rest assured the final price we get will be what we charge for it. Depending on the final price from Southwest will determine the exact cost. We are getting the rock for $4.35/lb, plus the shipping charges from LA.

I can understand everyones skepticism with the problems with the current group buys. Everyone was happy with the last order, at least I think so.

Thanks,
Matthew

Tenner
05/15/2004, 08:17 PM
A quick update,

We are down to 3.5 boxes left. I got confirmation today the rock was harvested and shipped to Hawaii. It should land in LA tomorrow mid-day. We may get it up here late Sunday night, that's what happened last time, potentally early Monday morning.

I will update everyone via email and RC when I get the final arrival times.

Thanks everyone, still some left.

Matthew

BoomerD
05/15/2004, 11:36 PM
I got in on Matt's last live rock buy, and got 2 boxes of this Marshall Island rock...From the ocean to my curing barrel in less than 48 hours...
Here's a couple of pics of what I got last December:

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/data/519/107Marshall6-med.JPG
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/photopost/data/519/107Marshall1-med.JPG

Nice stuff, good price, freshest rock you'll see anywhere...

bzzbee2
05/17/2004, 01:24 AM
is there still any left? i might be interested in a box