PDA

View Full Version : Fish epilepsy

iCam
05/12/2004, 11:40 PM
Hey. A little while ago, I was looking around the tank and noticed my sharpnose hawk just lying on the sand, in the current, not moving. I figured it had died or something, but after a while I saw it's eyes move. I moved my mag cleaner close to it, but it didn't swim off as it usually would (although in general it's really tame). Anyways, a few minutes later, after I had figured it was..passed on...it just swam off into the rockwork like nothing. Was my fish seizuring or what?

By the way, I'm so happy. I was able to completely redo the look of my rockwork in under 5 minutes,without taking anything out of the tank tonight. Go me! Looks pretty nice :rollface:

Reefmedic79
05/12/2004, 11:49 PM
Hawk Fish are pretty inactive fish hence thier name. They normally find a "perch" and sit there until something edible swim/floats by then the swoop in and catch it.

iCam
05/12/2004, 11:53 PM
Hey fleetmarine. Thanks for the post,although,I know they tend to be inactive perchers. But, this wasn't normal behavior. I "bumped" it with the mag and all, and it just kinda flopped there, like it was dead. Then pop, there it goes.

Reefmedic79
05/13/2004, 12:03 AM
How long has he been in your tank? Anything new added to the tank? And what are the Parameters?

iCam
05/13/2004, 12:11 AM
Nothing new added within the last month and a half. The fish has been in the tank for about a little over a year. Params are as should be.