PDA

View Full Version : Algae questions

nightOwl
05/11/2004, 10:19 PM
Hey is there a such thing as green corraline algea. I am having a hard time keeping it under control in my tank. Everything is turning green. It started growing over the last few weeks after using C-Balance. It grows on the glass I have to scrap it off with a razor every week or so. It starts off as little dots and they they spread out just making the glass look green.

Thanks in advance,

ironman85
05/11/2004, 10:34 PM
a co-worker of mine has green coraline algea in his tank.

but he also has a huge hair algea problem. he has to scrub all the rock weekly to keep it down. he's too lazy to fix the water to stop the hair from growing

aquababy
05/11/2004, 10:39 PM
Yes there is green corraline algae - there is also blue, pink, red and other colors and in different shades. I am convinced that these other colors - usually pastel colors are more delicate than the usual purple seen in most set ups. I am also convinced that these more delicate colors die off due to drastic curing of these rocks when exposed to high ammonia levels and little concern for alkalinity and calcium and PH during this curing. Purple seems to be the strongest as it usually survives the process.

nightOwl
05/11/2004, 11:07 PM
Is there anything to do make it not grow as fast I also have purple and pink growing in the tank. I would like those colors to be the dominant colors.

Thanks,

Henry

stelow
05/12/2004, 03:14 AM
Patience my friend the purple and pink will dominate.