PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good priced frags of anything in the sacramento area...

snowroach
05/11/2004, 03:51 PM
Hi all,
I was so excited to find this forum last week along with MARS (which I hope to be joining soon).

Anyways, I just got my tank to the point were I would like to add some corals and I was wondering if anyone around the sacramento area (I live in Roseville) has any frags they would like to sell me for a good price? I'll take most anything but I would really like a frogspawn/hammer coral, bubble coral, and xenia to start off with.

My tank is a 29g, 3" DSB, ~25lbs live rock, 2 clowns and bunch of hermits and snails. Just put on my new lighting set-up, a 250w 12k MH and 2X20w actinic. I started the tank last may (it's been a year now :) ) and slooooooooooooooooowly started adding rock and livestock.

Sardaukar
05/11/2004, 04:42 PM
Wow sounds like a cool setup. "O" Street Aquarium and Exotic Aquarium both have pretty decent coral selection. Im sure some MARS members, which I also hope to be a part of soon, will hook you up.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/11/2004, 06:26 PM
hey snowranch,
i have some xenia i could sell you, how does $10 a piece sound? let me know if you are instested.

snowroach
05/11/2004, 06:28 PM
that would be great! I'll email you about it, if you don't get it you can email me here - cshepard@surewest.net

headshrink
05/11/2004, 07:37 PM
I could cut you a frag of Sinularia for $10.
Here is an older pic. I have recently cut frags for several other members but could get another out of it.
http://home.earthlink.net/~bobparkins/sinularia.jpg

snowroach
05/11/2004, 08:06 PM
That looks cool! beging new to this, and since I haven't done much research on this type of coral what kind or requirements does this need? Feedings? if it is a pretty easy type of coral to keep, I might take a frag of it. Thanks!

headshrink
05/11/2004, 08:38 PM
easy, easy, easy....
I have never feed it, keep in low - mild current, and does well in low light. I have 2x96W PC. I have had it less then a year and fraged it several times. Let me know.

snowroach
05/11/2004, 09:21 PM
Ok, yea I think I'll go ahead and take a frag of it, it looks neat! email me here- cshepard@surewest.net and we could set up a time to meet, I might be in folsom tomorrow.

jjharrisx4
05/12/2004, 12:18 PM
What is your lighting? I have frags of acropora, digitata, capricornis, and other misc. stuff. Also Kenya tree, colt coral, etc. Price depends on size...mostly $10 but larger size is more. Lighting is key though...some of this stuff is pretty light demanding.

snowroach
05/12/2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I have a 29g tank with 250w 12k MH and 2X20w Actinic. I think it should be enough for just about anything, right?

jjharrisx4
05/12/2004, 12:29 PM
I'd think so...that's pretty similar to my frag tank 30g with 1x250 10k and 1x55w pc actinic.

Do you plan on coming to the next Mars meeting? If so, and if you're interested in frags, I can bring them there. I have frags of Purple digitata, green digitata, brown digitata, green capricornis, cream/green acropora, purple/green acropora, kenya tree, colt coral, pom pom xenia, green star polyps, green zoanthids, pavona, and probably more that I forgot. If there is something you want, let me know and I'll see if I have it to frag. Jason

snowroach
05/12/2004, 12:42 PM
I'm going to try and make it to the next meeting. I just found out about the club so I was planning on joining this month sometime.

jjharrisx4
05/12/2004, 01:13 PM
Just join at the meeting. That's the easiest way! Send your email and I'll get you some pics of the corals I have frags of. Jason

calihawker
05/22/2004, 12:20 AM
Hi Jason
I have a newly established tank and am also looking for frags. Ive set up my system for mainly sps, lots of water flow and lights.
I'd like to hook up with you and other reefers in the area.
When and where is the next meeting?

Steve

sagitariuscbc
05/22/2004, 12:57 AM
Monthly Meetings
The MARS monthly meetings are held on the third Friday of each month from 7:00 to 9:30 pm. The meetings are held at the Roundtable Pizza in the shopping center at the intersection of Greenback and Madison in Folsom. The Roundtable Pizza is on the Madison side...
9500-1 Greenback Lane
Folsom, CA
(916) 989-1133
MAP

The public is invited to attend.

hope to see you at the next meeting