PDA

View Full Version : kole tang and blue hippo tang for sale. local pickup only...

tfp
05/10/2004, 12:19 AM
kole tang is about 2.5" asking $15.
blue tang is 4.5-5" asking $25.

both eat flake or pellet food.

tim

Photon
05/10/2004, 01:27 PM
Hey Tim,
Sent you a PM.
James

headshrink
05/10/2004, 02:06 PM
Fish not work out for you?
BTW: my blue faced died after about 2-4 weeks :(

tfp
05/10/2004, 02:12 PM
its a new look to my reef. i basically "started over" when i removed the dsb last weekend and lost 4-6" in overall height.

i decided to go with a couple less fish so the kole and blue didn't make the cut.

headshrink, sorry to hear about the blueface :(

tfp
05/11/2004, 05:43 PM
fish are no longer available.

b4ucmellcu
05/16/2004, 08:39 PM
Yikes . . . no dsb? That must of been an undertaking to say the least with the size of your tank. How long did it take?

tfp
05/16/2004, 09:11 PM
quite an undertaking and an adventure...

http://air_plaza.tripod.com/plazas/id32.html

sagitariuscbc
05/16/2004, 09:36 PM
wow!!!:eek2: :eek1: :eek2: :eek1: :eek2: :eek1:

Twize
05/18/2004, 10:43 AM
<b>Tfp</b>,
Very very Nice! Much better, your frags now have plenty of breathing room compared to how it was aquascaped before.
I need to swing by in person and check it out.
<B>Schweet!!!!</b> :thumbsup:

btw, I have a birthday party to host this saturday, can I get my cooler back without the mysis shrimp? :lol: LOL! j/k

Looking good Tim!

tfp
05/18/2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Twize
btw, I have a birthday party to host this saturday, can I get my cooler back without the mysis shrimp? :lol: LOL! j/k

ted,
you can have it all back and then some! thanks for the extra emergency cooler and containers. there is plenty of residual dried salt in it for margaritas! :D

tim

Twize
05/18/2004, 01:55 PM
LOL! SeaSalt Margaritas?!?!?! eeeeeh!

thereefgeek
05/18/2004, 03:17 PM
What made you decide to take out the sand?

tfp
05/18/2004, 04:11 PM
hi rich (pres),
for me it came down to a few reasons:

1. it was getting blown around alot despite my best efforts of directing current.

2. it would always get between my algae magnet and scratch the acrylic.

3. i knew i couldn't maintain it in the long run (occasional stirring/replacement and new critters)

4. i feared aquascaping and disturbing it too much.

5. jury is still out on this one...but i wanted to avoid it becoming a long-term nutrient sink.

i miss the looks of it but i never removed the protective sticky film from the bottom exterior of the tank which happens to be....sand colored :) lucky me :)

tim

thereefgeek
05/18/2004, 05:31 PM
Speaking of nutrient sink, I've been running a plenum for about 7 years.:mad: Recently after trying a product called AZNO3 (I know, adding chemicals is a bad thing), I experienced a release of the acumulated nutrients all at once. All hell broke loose in my tank and I lost several SPS I had for many years. Long story short, after cruising a forum here on incorporating a drain system into the plenum, (requires drilling the bottom of the tank) I decided to start syphoning water from out of the plenum. I cut a short piece of rigid airline tubing at a sharp angle, attached some silicone air tube to that and little drip emitter valve on the end to regulate flow. I punched that sucker down through the sand, screening and into the dead space. After 4-5 gallon water changes from the plenum over a month, those annoying algae blooms just faded away. The coriline took over where hair once lived and the tank looks almost brand new. BTW if anyone's currious, I tested the plenum water and it had a whopping 180ppm nitrate, a pH of 7.0., and stunk up the whole house like rotton eggs (sulfur). Probably should have posted under a different thread, but I guess it relates to the DSB removal because I was this close (fingers 1/2" appart) to tearing the whole thing down and starting over. Unfortunately I'm not as ambitious as you, Tim (i.e. LAZY REEFER). Anyway, the tank looks great man!:D See you Friday.

tfp
05/18/2004, 06:07 PM
rich,
thanks for sharing your experience. sorry for the loss of some of your corals but it sounds like everything is on the rebound now :)

even though my dsb was just over a year old...i know what you mean by that rotten egg smell!

and i'm probably one of the laziest reefers in our community that is getting by with the bare minimums for sps.

tim