PDA

View Full Version : Using magnet's for powerhead brackets?

ozfish
05/09/2004, 05:09 AM
I'm getting relly pi$$ed off with the bracket's that Tunze suplly with their stream pumps! Because I have euro bracing on my tank the brackets are not actually supported anywhere except at the top, this causes them to point down towards the substrate: sandstorm city! :mad:
Someone mentioned that some guy's on here were using magnetic cleaners to support there stream pumps. I can get the Tunze magnet cleaners for 10-18mm for $24 so getting four is not that expensive. I was just wondering if anyone who has done this could give pointers! Mainly:
What's the best way to bond the pumps to the magnet's?
Will the magnets interfere with the pump's operation?
How's well do they work?
Any help would be great!

Dave Pacek
05/09/2004, 05:32 AM
Just read this within the last hour... looks like Tunze's solved their own problem.

http://www.tunze.com/Interzoo-Neuheiten-2004/Flyer%202004/Flyer_2004_E_USD.pdf

The magnetic holder seems like the way to go... much simpler mounting solution. I just placed an order for my own streams a day or two agol, and I expect I'll be getting the new holder as soon as its available.

Dave P

ozfish
05/09/2004, 05:55 AM
Thanks Dave!
That looks like the answer!
Just sent an e-mail to our Aussie on-line supplier to see if they can get these in for us!
BTW what sort of guitar/s do you have?

Dave Pacek
05/09/2004, 06:03 AM
Got way too many guitars, for someone who just started learning how to play three years ago, at the ripe old age of 50! Here's the inventory, in order of purchase

Martin C1R nylon
Tacoma EM 9-12 12 string
Worland (custom builder) parlor
Ovation Tangent
Godin LG-SP

I'd intended to expand the inventory even more this year, but it's amazing how the 'reef thing' sucks up all disposable income like some sort of financial black hole!

Dave P

ozfish
05/09/2004, 08:29 AM
Very, Very nice collection! Martin, Tacoma and Ovation: a man of style and taste!
I'm terrible at buying, selling and trading guitar's, probably owned over a hundred in the fifteen years I've been playing.
Current list:
Maton (Australian builder since 1938) steel 6 string
Custom made (by Don Morrison) steel resonator
Fender Telecaster (US made) with 40watt Deluxe amp
Pretty short list at the moment, like you said this reef thing sure sucks up any available cash! Worth every cent though, probably one of the few things that comes close to guitar playing for sheer relaxation and satisfaction.
I guess coming from Kentucky your into bluegrass and country?
I love that finger pickin stuff!
Look forward to watching the progress on your reef.
Maybe we could get together for a jam some day.
All the best!
R

Dave Pacek
05/09/2004, 10:10 AM
Well, I was born and raised in northern Ohio. I never heard much bluegrass at all until I moved to Kentucky a few years ago. I like it, but that's not what I play. Most of my playing these days is messing around with classical pieces on the steel 6-string parlor... not 'traditional', but I like the sound, and the smaller size and neck width of the parlor suit me far more than the C1R I started with.

Dave P