PDA

View Full Version : Want something blue but my blue shroom didn't work

Winged Ocean
09/11/2001, 12:33 AM
I am wanting something blue for my tank. I was sold a blue mushroom but it only appears purple in my tank. I have a 25 gl with 2 24" tritons and a PowerGlo. I know, my lighting isnt great, but I am doing what I can for now and I like tritons. Anyway, I tried a BlueMoon on the tank to possibly bring out the blue in the shroom but that didnt work (and I also don't like alot of blue in my tank..seems to darken it). What can i get for my tank that is blue and will appear blue. Or how do I get my shroom to be blue? I want blue (besides a fish). Any suggestions?

Winged Ocean
09/11/2001, 01:16 AM
Looking on the net for reef pics I see blue shrooms that are blue as blue can be. Maybe what she sold me isn't one. When mine is all shriveled and small it looks blue. Is it the lighting or the shroom itself? I don't like actinics or the blue moon bulb.

Snake man
09/11/2001, 01:28 AM
the coloration of corals is greatly dependent on your lights. actinics will make the blue colors show up much more vividly. if you dont like the color that actinics add about the only thing that will show up blue would probably be T. maxima clams. hth