PDA

View Full Version : Clown Tangs Cheap

Marc Daniels
05/04/2004, 10:32 PM
To make a long story short...I have three Clown Tangs that were mistakenly shipped to me by my partner. They will be arriving Wednesday morning, and I only have room to keep one of them long term.

If anyone would like one, I'll sell them real cheap just to get rid of them. They should be 3.5 - 4 inches in size, and I would part with them for $17.50 each.

I have tank space to house them for a few days if I need to.

Just shoot me an e-mail or PM if you're interested...first $17.50 takes them.

Marc

brettzki
05/04/2004, 11:44 PM
I'll take one Marc, I PM'd you already in regards, but I'll bring the extra 17.50 tomorrow when I pick up at Starbucks, thank you.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/05/2004, 12:20 AM
clown tangs arent reaf safe are they?

Marc Daniels
05/05/2004, 01:49 AM
Brett-

Consider one yours.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
The Clown Tang is a herbivore and shouldn't pick on corals at all. They can be aggresive towards other tangs, and like colored/shape fish. They can get fairly large, and one should have them in a decent sized aquarium.

Marc

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/05/2004, 04:22 AM
ok, i was worried that it might pick at my corals. since they are herbivores, ill take one. if you ar still dropping off the corals to cheng can you bring one with you? ill be picking up some stuff from cheng tomorrow. if not then maybe we can meet somewhere. i dont know where that starbucks near o street is at so i cant really meet you there. i do live in elk grove though, maybe we can work something out.

Marc Daniels
05/05/2004, 10:10 AM
Jayson-

If you'll be home during the day, give me a call at 877-571-2488.

Photon
05/05/2004, 12:17 PM
Marc,
I will take one. I was looking at one at Exotic, but it died.
James

dwarfatize
05/06/2004, 01:07 AM
jayson is it going in your 60 gallon or did you upgrade?

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/06/2004, 01:43 AM
no, i havnt upgraded yet. im not going to be getting it anymore so its all yours if you want it

brettzki
05/10/2004, 11:03 PM
"Krusty's" doing great Marc, thanks for the awesome deal!

Gigus
05/13/2004, 12:24 PM
If you still have one left I would like one.

Marc Daniels
05/13/2004, 12:29 PM
Gigus-

Sorry, but they went pretty fast.

Marc

Photon
05/13/2004, 01:44 PM
Marc,
I don't think my clown tang is eating. Any suggestions? Is it actively moving and picks at any algae growing on the return tubes, but other than that, I haven't seen him eat anything.
James

spanker
05/13/2004, 06:06 PM
Amazing looking animals with incredible coloration. They unfortunately don't do very well in the home aquarium. I'd like to hear how they do though. Make sure to give them plenty to eat early on. The more Nori the better! Don't let them stress about food source because they'll already stress about everything else that's new to them.

Gigus
05/13/2004, 06:15 PM
I have had 66% success with these fish. The problem is that everyone’s parameters are different and this (as well as size of tank, inhabitance, tank type etc) can have a impact with your success. For example, one of my clown tangs was very docile as it got along with three other tangs. It may have been because my 9 inch blonde Naso (bubba) would always investigate quarrels and break them up or it was simply happy and did not become a bully. Although I am probably not the norm as I housed five different pseudochromis together, the clown tank is a jewel if you have the patience.

Marc Daniels
05/13/2004, 06:19 PM
James-

What all are you trying to feed it?

I have one as a recent addition, and I've been feeding mine almost exclusively with dry seaweed. Not the pressed Nori sheets used for sushi, but a dried seaweed that you can get at an Asian market. It lasts much longer in the aquarium than the pressed nori sheets will. I rubberband mine to a piece of PVC and just let them graze on it all day.

Marc

Sardaukar
05/13/2004, 06:51 PM
Hey Marc - how is the new site comming? Im holding off on getting my sexy shrimp until I can order them through you :)

Photon
05/13/2004, 08:05 PM
Marc,
What is the specific type of seaweed that you are using?
James

Marc Daniels
05/13/2004, 09:21 PM
James-

I just shipped the last bag I had to a guy in Tennesee. I get it at the All Asia Market on Broadway, across the street from Fuji's. This is down almost to the Target store.

It's in a long skinny bag, and you want to check the ingredients closely to make sure it doesn't have anything added to it. I'll run by Friday and pick some more up, it's only $1.99 per bag. I'll drop it by your house and leave it on your front porch, PM me with your address so I don't have to look it up in my files.

Marc

spanker
05/13/2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Marc Daniels
.... I'll drop it by your house and leave it on your front porch, PM me with your address so I don't have to look it up in my files.

Now THAT is service! :) Good luck, with the tang guys. I think clowns are incredibly beautiful tangs, I just don't think I have the heart to try one.

Photon
05/13/2004, 10:27 PM
Marc,
Thanks....that is what I call service!
I will PM you my address.
James

wombat2
05/16/2004, 07:35 PM
Mine is finally settling down in the 125 it will call home for a few months. The first few days consisted of it racing around and scaring all the other fish into hiding. It's nibbling at nori, spinach, and broccoli, and has eaten some of the mysis and carnivore pellets I feed the other fish as well. I'm on campus getting it some macroalgae right now.

Marc Daniels
05/17/2004, 01:42 AM
Matt_

I got myself one the same time yours came in. Mine is also racing around, and is attempting to graze from the live rock. It has shown an interest in other food, but I have yet to see it eat any of it. I'm going to add some live macro myself and see how it does.

James-
Have you tried feeding anything out of your refugium?

Marc

brettzki
05/17/2004, 11:06 AM
Guys-
My Clown is grazing on the glass, the rocks, seaweed clips, and mysis, krill, and brine shrimp. He's a lil oinker! But has settled in quite will, he's done flying around the tank at Mach1 and has settled for cruising the tank now with the other tangs. He has even darkened his coloration quite a bit! I'd say he's quite comfortable ...

Marc Daniels
05/17/2004, 01:00 PM
Brett-

That is good news. James got his clown the same day as you, and his apparently has not settled down nor eaten offered food.

Marc

Photon
05/17/2004, 02:27 PM
Mine swims all over the place, but it still isn't eating very much. The only thing I have seen it eat is Cyclops-eeze. It picks at the algae on the seaswirls and that is about it.

sagitariuscbc
05/18/2004, 12:03 PM
hey james, i have some purple seaweed i can bring to the next meeting if you want to try and feed some of that to your new fish.
remind me to bring some for you.

wombat2
05/19/2004, 12:38 AM
If it still hasn't eaten you might try some tang food from www.ipsf.com

I don't think they could resist that.

spanker
05/19/2004, 07:49 AM
So glad to hear these guys are doing well so far. Keep me updated. I'd love to hear of several making it.

thereefgeek
05/19/2004, 08:04 AM
Try growing that "tang heaven" in your 'fuge for a while and build up a supply. I have three surgeons and they tear that stuff up, so now I have to ration it along with dry nori. The live stuff is more of a special treat.

Photon
05/19/2004, 12:35 PM
Rich,
What is "tang heaven"?
James

Marc Daniels
05/19/2004, 01:35 PM
James-

The Tang Heaven sold by IPSF is Gracilaria parvispora, which goes by the common name of Ogo. Additional common species found in the hobby are Gracilaria verrucosa also from the islands, and Gracilaria tikvahae which hails from Florida.

John and Shelly Zingarella at www.floridapets.com collect and sell the Gracilaria tikvahae at a very reasonable price.

Marc

brettzki
05/27/2004, 01:34 AM
What once was well has perished.

Photon
05/27/2004, 11:27 AM
Oh no, I am sorry.
Mine is still alive, but he only will eat Cyclops-Ez and nothing else.
James

brettzki
05/27/2004, 03:26 PM
Hang in there ... i think mine was just too harrassed by my kole tang ... that's a guess because i never saw it happen. A kewl fish, and will get another in due time.

wombat2
05/27/2004, 06:00 PM
That sucks, sorry to hear that. Did he show any signs of disease? Scratching?

Marc Daniels
05/28/2004, 01:52 AM
James-

After talking to yout he other night, I tried Cyclops-Ez also and mine went crazy for them. It is now eating brine as well, and also some Formula 2 flake, and spirulina.

Marc

Photon
05/28/2004, 02:04 AM
Frozen or live brine?
He "tried" a piece of purple sea weed that Shawn gave me, but then spit it out. Maybe something else will work eventually.
James

Marc Daniels
05/28/2004, 02:05 AM
Frozen

wombat2
05/30/2004, 04:57 AM
Mine seems to like frozen mysis and formula two, HTH.

Photon
05/30/2004, 05:03 PM
The clown tang didn't make it.

spanker
05/30/2004, 06:10 PM
:( Sorry to hear it man.

sagitariuscbc
05/30/2004, 09:59 PM
:sad1: i am sorry to hear this too james.:confused:

wombat2
06/01/2004, 07:58 PM
Hmm, that sucks. It seems like some are taking to prepared foods quite readily, while others aren't.

A couple questions for Photon and Brett: What size tank did you have it in? How did it behave? Was it constantly dashing back and forth, or scratching itself on the rocks? Any other fish picking on it?

kentrob11
06/01/2004, 07:59 PM
tagging along....I'm getting one soon

Photon
06/01/2004, 10:49 PM
Mine was in a 175 gallon tank. It swam all over the tank and would pick at the sea swirls for algae. It would only eat Cyclops-Ez and nothing else. It did not scratch itself on the rocks or seem irritated, it just wouldn't eat anything. It kept getting thinner and thinner.
James

Marc Daniels
06/03/2004, 06:04 PM
Matt-

I got mine in the same time as yours. It was racing around the tank for a few days, and wouldn't touch any food. It would pick at the live rock, overflows, etc. James mentioned to me at the MARS meeting that his would go crazy for cyclopeze, but nothing else. I tried using it as well and mine ate it.

I then started adding brine shrimp, Formula 2 Flake, dried Seaweed, etc. to the mix and it now eats everything. Mine looks great and is now running with the other tangs. It's in a 135.

Marc

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/03/2004, 07:31 PM
hey petco on laguna in elk grove has 1 for 14.99. they sell them as assorted clowns. you guys might want to pick it up before it gets sick and dies. just thought id put the word out there. i was in there yesterday.
-jason-

Marc Daniels
06/03/2004, 11:00 PM
Jason-

A Clown Tang, blue and yellow horizontal stripes?

Marc

wombat2
06/03/2004, 11:51 PM
Just to verify, this is the fish we're talking about, Acanthurus lineatus
http://www.maestropescador.com/Colaboradores/patzner_robert_a/Acanthurus_lineatus.jpg

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/04/2004, 12:02 AM
it didnt look that nice. when i came there it looked very stressed out. it looked like what you showed me a couple weeks ago when i stopped by your house marc. the clown tang that was in your tank was much healthier. i would stop by petco and pick it up before i catches ich and dies. again, petco gets thier tangs in as assorted tangs. so they get powder browns and powder blues in and sell them for 14.99 as assorted tangs.
-jason-

wombat2
06/04/2004, 02:11 AM
;) Funny how some fish are never as pretty as the pics, and some others are always cooler looking in person. I think these tangs get a bit nicer looking with age.

Surprising what you say about Petco. I worked there for 2 months years ago and they didn't ever label tangs as "assorted". That's an awfully cheap price for a clown tang. If they get in a black Zebrasoma or a Gem tang and sell it for 14.99 let me know. ;)

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/04/2004, 02:17 AM
what do those look like? if you can post a pic ill let you know. i go there about once a week to see what they get in.

Marc Daniels
06/04/2004, 10:30 AM
Jason-

Your eye lids are getting heavy, your feeling drowzy, drowzy I say...if you ever see a $14.99 black Zebrasoma at Petco call Marc, not Matt.

1,2, 3 WAKE UP!

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/04/2004, 05:13 PM
hahahaha

colnel270116
06/04/2004, 05:28 PM
i want a picture and how much they are

wombat2
06/05/2004, 09:33 PM
A pic of a Gem tang...
http://themarinecenter.com/zebrasomagemmatum1.htm

...and a Jewel tang
http://themarinecenter.com/tangguttata.htm

...and a Black tang
http://themarinecenter.com/Zrostratum.htm

These fish are all in the neighborhood of over $100 per fish, so like Marc said call me first if you see one for 14.99 ;)

user48953
06/06/2004, 10:58 AM
Wow, the Gem looks crazy! can either the Gem or Black be kept with a Yellow, since their body shapes are also, if not identical?

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/06/2004, 12:07 PM
does the black tang start off with some yellow and then turn black later on as it matures?

wombat2
06/06/2004, 03:21 PM
I would expect them to fight Huy, but if you got one dissimilar in shape it might work. The Gem is VERY expensive. Black tangs are black their entire life AFAIK...they cost around 100-200. You might ask themarinecenter for their experience with compatibility.

theofilos
06/14/2004, 05:36 PM
Do they eat hair algae? Cause I got tons of it :)

Marc Daniels
06/14/2004, 06:36 PM
theofilos-

They may eat hair algae, but it is unlikely.

theofilos
06/16/2004, 12:47 AM
Off course I am talking about the clown tang. And you ?
Also would a purple or yellow tang be a compatible tankmate for a 200g (7feet length?)

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 01:44 AM
theofilos-

In my experience getting any tang (clown included) to eat hair algae is a hit & miss proposition. Some may consume, but most will likely just nip at it a few times then never bother with it again.

I currently have 4 tangs getting along in a 6 foot 135g setup. They consist of a small clown tang, 2 yellow tangs (one medium one small) and a nice sailfin tang. I took care in adding them and other than a little posturing have had no problems. The four of them cruise the tank together.

Matt-
The clown tang pic that you used, was that from your tank?

wombat2
06/16/2004, 02:16 AM
Marc,
I wish I could take pictures that well. I usually link pics from other sites. If you hit Ctrl- mouse click, or right click the pic it will give you the site it's from.

I would be very, very careful if you're going to add any tang smaller than the current tangs to a tank. If things go bad you should be prepared to move one to a different tank.

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 02:35 AM
I would be very, very careful if you're going to add any tang smaller than the current tangs to a tank.
Matt-

I was going to say that I have had very good luck over the years doing the exact opposite of what you're suggesting...until I reread it. As a general rule I would agree with your statement, I can't tell you how many bloodied yellow tangs I have seen in tanks.

The first tang in my tank was a 3 inch yellow, I then introduced the sailfin which was about an inch bigger. The next one to join the crowd was a 2 inch yellow..and then just a few weeks ago the 3 inch clown tang. There has never been any serious fighting between them, just the occasional posturing, and mostly between the sailfin and the larger yellow.

Personally, I have had good luck adding smaller fish to an established tank. I think it may be because the smaller fish is so intmidated that it never trys to stand up for itself. I also have plenty of hiding room in/among the rocks. I have paired numerous clowns this way as well.

Would you be interested in a 4-5 inch Magnificant Foxface (Siganus magnifica)? I have a local customer that ordered it for a 54 corner tank, I didn't know his tank size when he ordered it. I can bring it to the meeting Friday night if you are.

Marc

colnel270116
06/16/2004, 08:31 AM
Do you still have any tangs I havent looked at the forum in forever.

tfp
06/16/2004, 10:28 AM
marc,
i'm interested in the foxface if its still available :) how much are you asking for it?

thanks,
tim

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 10:41 AM
Tim-

How's $45 sound?

Are you home today, I could drop it off since I'll be in your neck of the woods in an hour or so. I'm picking it up from my customer in El Dorado Hills, out off Green Valley & Hacienda behind the lake.

Marc

tfp
06/16/2004, 11:05 AM
that sounds good to me marc!
and yep, i'll be home until around 10:30am (or as long as it takes). see you soon! :)

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 11:22 AM
I'll be leaving the house at 9:30, so figure I'll be there between 10:30 & 11.

tfp
06/16/2004, 11:34 AM
sounds good to me :) thanks again!

tim

wombat2
06/16/2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Marc Daniels
Matt-

I was going to say that I have had very good luck over the years doing the exact opposite of what you're suggesting...until I reread it. As a general rule I would agree with your statement, I can't tell you how many bloodied yellow tangs I have seen in tanks.

The first tang in my tank was a 3 inch yellow, I then introduced the sailfin which was about an inch bigger. The next one to join the crowd was a 2 inch yellow..and then just a few weeks ago the 3 inch clown tang. There has never been any serious fighting between them, just the occasional posturing, and mostly between the sailfin and the larger yellow.

Personally, I have had good luck adding smaller fish to an established tank. I think it may be because the smaller fish is so intmidated that it never trys to stand up for itself. I also have plenty of hiding room in/among the rocks. I have paired numerous clowns this way as well.

Would you be interested in a 4-5 inch Magnificant Foxface (Siganus magnifica)? I have a local customer that ordered it for a 54 corner tank, I didn't know his tank size when he ordered it. I can bring it to the meeting Friday night if you are.

Marc

Yeah, it helps if there's a huge disparity in size. I've never kept a clown tang before, but I can tell after having this one for awhile that they're very aggressive. I wouldn't add ANY tang to a tank containing an established clown tang, unless the newcomer was much larger, or it was in a 300 gallon plus size tank. Of course, I like to play it on the super safe side. The few times that I've mixed tangs it's been the more docile species--All the Ctenochaetus spp., P. hepatus, Sailfins.

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 04:48 PM
Matt-

My clown seems very docile, but then it is the smallest of the herd, as well as the last to go into the tank. It's also the only one in the tank with that elongated torpedo shape, which may help some.

Marc

tfp
06/16/2004, 07:01 PM
marc,
thanks again for that silly rabbit! (just had to say it :))
i called home about 30min ago and wifey said its doing well.

tim

Marc Daniels
06/16/2004, 08:40 PM
Tim-

Glad to hear it...if I can get you a nice Sohal, would you be interested?

brettzki
06/17/2004, 12:58 AM
How much for a Sohal Marc?

Photon
06/17/2004, 12:59 AM
Would a Sohal get along with an Achille's tang?
James

Marc Daniels
06/17/2004, 01:31 AM
Brett-

I could easily do some in the Small ($65.00) or Medium ($80.00) range. Small would be approx 2 inches and medium approx 3 inches.

James-
They can be fairly agressive, especially towards other tangs.

tfp
06/17/2004, 10:40 AM
marc,
i'd be interested in maybe a small one but it'll be at least a couple months. i wanna give my tank some time to settle with the newest additions. thanks though.

tim

user48953
06/20/2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by wombat2
A pic of a Gem tang...
http://themarinecenter.com/zebrasomagemmatum1.htm

These fish are all in the neighborhood of over $100 per fish, so like Marc said call me first if you see one for 14.99 ;)

Was at Exotic today and they got 2 Gem tangs in last Sunday.. they look like babies, b/c one is about the size of a quarter and the other a 50 cent coin.. they look really good in person.. don't think their color is fully developed though.. when i asked how much, they said $900 each; not sure if it was a joke or not b/c the tangs were in their main display tank.. can't imagine trying to catch a small tang in a 400g? tank with tons of LR.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
06/20/2004, 04:02 AM
i dont get it, why pay $900 when they normally go for $100-$500. thats a little over priced............IMO
-jason-

Photon
06/20/2004, 04:21 AM
Today when I was in Exotic, they told me that the larger one was $1200 and the smaller one was $900!!!!! WOW......expensive!!!
Another example of prices going up and down daily because they aren't posted on the tanks. LOL

wombat2
06/20/2004, 05:30 AM
Wow, I never knew they were that much. They're not even that cool looking. Might as well buy a Conspic or Peppermint angel or a Dragon moray for that price.

thereefgeek
06/20/2004, 10:08 AM
For $1200 you could fly to the South Pacific and catch your own!

wombat2
11/12/2004, 09:17 PM
Just dragging this one up to see who still has a clown tang out of the original group bought about 7 months ago or so.

Mine is still doing okay apparently, although I had to remove a much larger P. hepatus that was aggressive towards it in the 300 gallon they shared. I feed it formula two, mysis, fresh seaweed and broccoli. Color and fins look good and it's belly isn't pinched. It doesn't seem like it's grown much though.

Marc Daniels
11/13/2004, 12:07 AM
Matt-

Unfortunately I lost mine. It was perfectly healthy, eating and very active. It was eating nori, Cyclopeze, mysis, Formula 2, etc. One day I just noticed that it wasn't in the tank any longer. This would have been early September.

Marc

tfp
11/13/2004, 12:28 AM
still gots my foxface :D
and hardly any valonia :)

Marc Daniels
11/13/2004, 12:49 AM
Tim, glad to hear it's still healthy.

wombat2
11/13/2004, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, I think I must have gotten very lucky with a very hardy individual then. The aquarium it's in now had a bit of a disaster recently that killed an anthias, flame angel, lunare wrasse, my yellow assessors (PRIZED assessors!), royal gramma, and even two clownfish. The heater raised the water temp up to about 90 or so by my best estimation. It was like bath water, and the fish dropped like flies.

The tang is still cruising like nothing happened though.

Photon
11/13/2004, 06:50 PM
Mine didn't make it. It never ate anything.

tfp
11/13/2004, 11:57 PM
i snapped this shot of him this morning during a water change. only the t5 blues were on but if you look hard, you'll see him.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/16917foxface.jpg

wombat2
11/14/2004, 12:34 AM
Hey Tim,

Ever consider one of these for your Diadema urchin?

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1483

Diademichthys lineatus, literally 'lined Diadema fish'. They live commensally in the spines. Greg Scheimer tells me they do very well in peaceful community tanks like yours. Plus they're interesting and very cool looking.

http://www.izuzuki.com/Zukan/Fish/nezupo/Photo/hashinagaUU.jpg

http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~itadc/spphoto/itigan/hasinagaubauo500.jpg

tfp
11/14/2004, 02:21 AM
matt,
that is way too cool! :D thanks for the link and i'll try to get a couple soon.

tim

wombat2
11/14/2004, 03:09 AM
Tim,

I plan on getting one too, and maybe a small urchin for it. Still deciding. Problem is I want a pair of harlequin shrimp, which would probably eat the urchin.

You can read Greg's account of this fish here:

http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=56434&highlight=diademichthys

wombat2
05/21/2005, 09:42 PM
So just updating at around the one year mark...

My clown tang is still doing good. Hasn't grown much, but it looks thick and still has great coloration. FWIW it shares the tank with a foxface rabbitfish (Siganus unimaculatus) and they get along great.

Fingers crossed.

wombat2
03/03/2006, 07:25 PM
Still kicking....

Marc Daniels
03/03/2006, 08:10 PM
If you ever want to get rid of it I have 300g it would enjoy. I am very happy to hear that you have been so succesful with this fish.

Justin74
03/03/2006, 10:46 PM
I had no idea,,Marc you still got the hook up on nice fish?

-Justin

Marc Daniels
03/03/2006, 11:27 PM
I did before the dirty #$%** got arrested on Federal smuggling charges.

Justin74
03/03/2006, 11:41 PM
Who ho hoa Nellie!I missed that one:eek:

-Justin

Marc Daniels
03/04/2006, 12:37 AM
Meet my X partner

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pr2005/013.html

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pr2005/127.html

In the first link when it says he was already in custody for violating the terms of his probation...the terms of his probation were that he could not leave the Country without first clearing it with his probation officer. Going into Mexico was in violation. His reason for being on probation...he had been convicted of making terrorist threats against a US Military installation.

I can pick em', can't I?

Justin74
03/04/2006, 02:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6877162#post6877162 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Marc Daniels
Meet my X partner

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pr2005/013.html

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/pr2005/127.html

I can pick em', can't I?

No comment :p heheh

-Justin

Marc Daniels
03/04/2006, 03:33 AM
His true colors surfaced just as the Clarion fiasco really came to a head, and I ran far and fast. After the you know what hit the fan I found out quite a bit about him.

Marc Daniels
03/04/2006, 03:36 AM
Oh, and he should have been sentenced several months ago. The rumors in the industry are that he was involved heavily in drugs, and that he is rolling heavily on other people. So he may have cut a deal and could possibly be going into witness protection.

Here's a thread you may enoy reading http://www.reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74405

wombat2
03/04/2006, 03:25 PM
Marc, that's quite a story. I had read all about the clarion stuff before but never realized he was your partner. Were those clown tangs accquired through this guy?

Marc Daniels
03/04/2006, 03:34 PM
Yes, they did come from Brenda.

Marc Daniels
03/04/2006, 03:40 PM
Matt, yes, they did come from Brenda.

I had no idea that he was a crook, and it wasn't until the Clarion fiasco hit that his true colors finally came to light. I immediately severed all contact with him. I never knowingly sold anything that was collected illegally, but in retrospect probably did.

He was providing these illegally collected fish (not just the Clarions) to companies up/down 104th and all over LA. Blind eyes get turned every day.