PDA

View Full Version : 75gal glass = good deal?

solRNY
05/04/2004, 05:10 PM
hey guys,

my friend has a glass tank that measures 18"x20"x48", i believe it comes out to be ~75gals. he wants 250$ for the tank along with the canopy and stand. the glass has some slight scratches and it does not have any built in overflows, was thinking of getting it drilled but found out the glass is tempered :( the canopy and stand are in good condition. is it a deal i should not let pass?

thanks,

GarSrtn
05/04/2004, 05:35 PM
For comparison a URS member just listed a 120gal RR with stand, canopy, and mh lights for $350ish (mebbe $400).

ReeferMac
05/04/2004, 06:12 PM
Mm... how nice is the hood and stand?
Personally, I think that's a hair much, if the glass has some slight scratches (again, how slight matters). You can get a new setup for close to that, and quite frankly, it's the rest of the equipment that's the expensive part (lights, reactors, filters, etc.) Price out a new setup, see what the difference is, and take it from there. Used is tough, it's a buyers market, don't mean to beat up your friends price... but I recently sold a 90 gallon setup (hood, tank, stand) that included an IceCap ballast, for about that much (or was it 350 w/ ballast?), but had to give away a 55 gallon setup, because nobody would offer me anything for it. {Shrug} YMMV

- Mac

solRNY
05/04/2004, 07:03 PM
wah, thanks alot for the info and i thought he was hooking me up - then again he did say "its business". i think i am going to pass it up.