PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip?

WAGERJA
05/03/2004, 10:34 AM
I know we had talk of doing a trip. I'd like to start planning a trip here http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=366616
for some time in the next couple months.

who is in.

also I'd like to get a feel for who is going to MACNA in Boston.
I can get poeple reg. at a discount thru TW. any takers?

J

skearse
05/03/2004, 11:17 AM
Wow-looks like my tank...except for the fish...and the corals...and the lack of hair algae...

Definately could be talked into a road trip. Not sure about MACNA, though, that's like at least a month away!

Tomzpc
05/03/2004, 11:27 AM
Jay,

I'm most definitely up for a trip to Atlantis Marine World. It would work best for me if we waited until the summer, but I do have some flexibility. If we have a decent group from the club maybe we could arrange for a back-stage tour! Worth looking in to.

Thanks for posting this.

Tom

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing Macna-Boston too.

WAGERJA
05/03/2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Tomzpc

I'm most definitely up for a trip to Atlantis Marine World. It would work best for me if we waited until the summer, but I do have some flexibility. If we have a decent group from the club maybe we could arrange for a back stage tour! Worth looking in to.

Thanks for posting this.

Tom

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing Macna-Boston too.

For Atlantis Marine World I was thinking about mid June/July? getting a group together so we could get the "back stage tour" was why I started the thread now, that and I'm iching to go. :)

same thing with MACNA just thinking ahead a little.
one more ? for those of you planning to go to MACNA.

Are you planning on registering for the full conference w/ speakers or just going for the exhibits? (cost diff. $ ?)

J

Tomzpc
05/03/2004, 04:14 PM
Not sure about everyone else but July would work best for me.

As far as MACNA, I was thinking of going for the full conference with speakers. Not sure if my wife will be going or if I will be solo, although I doubt she'll want to leave the kids for a couple days so it's probably the latter.

foxstop
05/03/2004, 06:47 PM
I planned on heading over to Atlantis Marine World this summer as my in-laws live in Stony Brook which is probably about 25minutes or so from Riverhead. It's featured in Michael Paletta's Ultimate Marine Aquariums book which is very cool book.

I'll let you know when I plan to be out there and maybe we can meet up. I've taken my son to the New York Aquarium, Norwalk Aquarium, Mystic Aquarium, and I planned on taking him there too. He loves it!:D :D

MACNA happens near the start of school for me which is crazy time. I'm not sure I could go.

Brian

masterswimmer
05/03/2004, 07:51 PM
Would love to make the trip to AMW, but I must have a pretty good lead time to arrange it. Darn retail hours.

Macna Boston, could happen.

Russ

nine9d
05/03/2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by masterswimmer
Would love to make the trip to AMW, but I must have a pretty good lead time to arrange it. Darn retail hours.

Macna Boston, could happen.

Russ Ditto.

WAGERJA
05/04/2004, 07:21 AM
Ok, sounds like we have some int. in going to AMW.

1. Which other clubs do we want to ask to join in?
2. July 10/11th sound like a good date to start talking about?
3. With this much lead-time I think we can toss this around till the end of May, but by early June I'd like to have a Prelim. Head count to start talking to AMW. OK?

MACNA Boston sounds like it’s to far off for most people to know if they can go. I'll keep on top of it and bring it back up for discussion, as it gets closer. Please keep in mind that if you want a room in the hotel that its being held at you should look to book that 1.5-2 months in advance.

J

WAGERJA
05/07/2004, 07:23 AM
bump

Tomzpc
05/07/2004, 09:44 AM
We should probably ask the Capital Reefs guys. Or should we pick the date first before we ask others if they want to join?

WAGERJA
05/07/2004, 11:11 AM
Yes, Capital Reefs guys should be invited. I'll post on their board some time today. Any other clubs or groups?

I was thinking we should leave the date open until we get more people involved (close to the total). That way everybody gets a say.

This should make for a pretty family friendly outing. Who is planning on bringing their wife, GF or kids?

J

partagas
05/07/2004, 08:41 PM
Hi guys. I am from the Capital Reefs group. And I am in. Pick the date and I will be their. I know my grilfriend and I would be in. Plus I am sure alteast three or four more people from our area would be up for it. The only problem I see is them trying to hold me back from jumping in.... :) That or trying to get frags..... But other then that, from what I have seen from their wbsite. It looks to be an amazing day.

partagas
05/07/2004, 09:56 PM
If anybody is interested. They are having a get together on May 29th. It's a Sat. It's somewhat an open house with food drink and a chance of a behind the scence look and sitting in front of the tank to watch the lights change. They are charging 20.00 PP.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367476

WAGERJA
05/08/2004, 09:01 AM
partagas,
I read and it sounds cool but I am in a wedding party May 29th so.... there is no way I can go. but if you want to get group for that date don't let me stop ya. :(
J

partagas
05/08/2004, 11:55 PM
I do not want to step on anyone toes. But if their is an interest, let me know. My grilfriend and I are going.