PDA

View Full Version : tubing question

Mantis806
04/21/2004, 07:24 PM
i finished my plumbing today. i want the tank as close to the wall as possible. right now there's about 7 inches of space. i went from pvc to tubing to try to save some room. well i reduced the space from about 11 to 7 inches. but the problem is that the tubing is right up against the wall. the tubes are being pinched a little b/c it can't make that sharp of a turn. do i need to worry about the pinching? the water flow seems to be fine, the pinching is not affecting it. but i'm worried that down the road the tubing might crack b/c it's being forced to do a semi sharp turn. i tried looking for the 90 degree barbed male fittings. but i was lucky i even found the straight fittings. i can't really order anything online, since i don't have the use of a credit card. any suggestions or comments? another thing is that since the top of the tube is being pinched, there is less water giong through the part that is not benig pinches...this leaves air pockets which cause a lot of noise in the sump. i just wish i could find some 90 degree babr fittings.

Legal Reefer
04/21/2004, 08:11 PM
have you called all your local plumbing supply stores? I can't believe you can't find that fitting in NY. Good luck.

Mantis806
04/21/2004, 08:39 PM
i've searched all the plumping places around queens. half of them don't even speak english though, so it's hard to communicate what i want. maybe there's just a lack of need for barbed fittings in the metro area?

Legal Reefer
04/21/2004, 08:47 PM
How about sprinkler and irrigation suppliers? That's what these things are really used for. Maybe not in queens-- you guys have lawns. A barbed elbow is a common .80 part. Fountain store maybe. Home Depot? I know I've seen them there in the irrigation department

Legal Reefer
04/21/2004, 08:47 PM
How about sprinkler and irrigation suppliers? That's what these things are really used for. Maybe not in queens-- you guys have lawns. A barbed elbow is a common .80 part. Fountain store maybe. Home Depot? I know I've seen them there in the irrigation department