PDA

View Full Version : TBS "The Package"

Snarkys
04/18/2004, 01:49 PM
Looking at buying "The Package" from tampabay saltwater. guess i have a few questions about it though.

here is a chart of what they send you for the size of your tank and how much it costs.
http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/package_chart.html

Guess i am wondering if i really need 180 LBS of rock for my 90 gal tank. ? Do i need 150 Blue Leg hermit crabs and 45 Turbo Snails? like wont there be crabs and snails like covering every inch of the tank ? Think the tank is 48"long x 24"deep x 18" wide.

Are they selling me the right amounts or just trying to sell as much of thier products as they can ?

Cearbhaill
04/18/2004, 01:55 PM
I just set up a 90 gallon with a 100 lb. package from TBS just so I would have extra rock for my refugium. I did trade off the Condy and Epicystis anenome "freebies" as well as several urchins and crabs, but the clean up crew provided is very nice IMO. Not too many at all. They will treat you right- if you have specific questions just ask them- they do have their own forum here down in "Sponsor Forums".

Lots of satisfied TBS customers around here!

Snarkys
04/18/2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Cearbhaill
I just set up a 90 gallon with a 100 lb. package from TBS just so I would have extra rock for my refugium.

They have 180 pounds listed for a 90 gallon tank . so you think 100 was enough ?

irabren
04/18/2004, 02:52 PM
From what I have read over numerous posts - they sell the package as a recipe for tank success. They are very reputable and do not oversell items

doliver
04/18/2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Snarkys
They have 180 pounds listed for a 90 gallon tank . so you think 100 was enough ?

I think Toni means that she got the 100 *gallon* package, so 200 pounds of rock, not 100.

Snarkys
04/18/2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by irabren
From what I have read over numerous posts - they sell the package as a recipe for tank success. They are very reputable and do not oversell items

Ok . sounds good

Nanook
04/19/2004, 01:38 AM
[moved]

Cearbhaill
04/19/2004, 04:28 AM
I think Toni means that she got the 100 *gallon* package, so 200 pounds of rock, not 100.
Yup.
Thanks doliver.

Snarky's- I have over 200 lbs of rock in my system if you include the refugium. I got 200 lbs with my "Package", then Richard sent me another 100 lbs FREE because I was complaining about the huge size of the rocks I received initially.

I was having difficulty aquascaping (I had rearranged so much I got tendonitis in my elbow), he saw a post of mine right here on RC and volunteered to send me another 100 lns free. They *will* satisfy their customers.

Lesson learned here- if you have any druthers as to size, shape, weight etc of the rock you buy from TBS just speak up and let them know. I got very porous rock and several shelf pieces once they knew what I preferred.