PDA

View Full Version : Mini Overflow?

INNOVATOR
04/15/2004, 04:12 PM
I will be installing a mini overflow for a 10g (reef) and was hoping to gain some insight as to the size needed. The mini overflow will feed water to an AquaClear 500, where a baffle will be put in the main housing to restrict flow and allow for a fuge; however, with 500g/hr (according to the box) I am not sure if a 5(L) x 3(W) x 4(H) will handle the gallons/hr the filter is capable of or if I am better of going with a 5(L) x 4(W) x 4(H)? The 4(H) would actually be 3.5, leaving a half inch before water flows over.

Any input is appreciated, thank you!

Agu
04/15/2004, 07:40 PM
Why not just run the aquaclear with rock and caulerpa in it ? Sounds like you're making it too complex.

Agu

INNOVATOR
04/15/2004, 08:14 PM
I will be, but I will be installing a small overflow within the aquarium to rid any surface films, etc, which brings me back to the original question?...did I confuse everyone w/the original post? lol :P

outerorbiter
04/15/2004, 08:27 PM
Could you just use the surface skimmer that is designed for the aquaclear?

INNOVATOR
04/15/2004, 09:08 PM
I think it is ugly, plain and simple lol. Plus, I could place some polyps or xenia, etc to give the exterior looks some extra umph. Others have done it, just not with an AC500 :P

outerorbiter
04/15/2004, 09:17 PM
I agree with the ugly part, I will be setting up a nano soon and I have been thinking of making a overflow that goes to a refug but I am not sure on how I want everything laid out.