PDA

View Full Version : New Fish store...

bzzbee2
04/10/2004, 02:36 AM
Im sure most of you have heard the about this place. I still havent found much information. but a friend told me he was hearing adds for it on the radio already. and i saw an add for it on craigslist.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/28331892.html

3562 4th ave, it intersects Broadway, 36th St., and 4th ave
"PETS & BEYOND"

NE way, i just thought i would throw it out there.

sagitariuscbc
05/01/2004, 03:35 PM
we are going to go check it out. i hope it's open.

Reply to: jtran6679@comcast.net
Date: 2004-04-08, 8:50AM PDT

We will be raffling prizes on our grand opening day, which is expected to be May 1st, if sooner we will keep you posted. We are located at 3562 4th ave, it intersects Broadway, 36th St., and 4th ave. We will be giving away raffle tickets all day long but new raffles will start every first 15 mins, of each hour,( 9:15 am, 10:15 am and ect.)Prizes will be on a drawing basis, the pool of prizes consist of 100- gift certificates of your choice of a betta, a damsel or a hermit crab, also 20- $5.00 gift certificates and 4- $20.00 gift certificates. 10 prizes will be given each hour.All customers will also receive 5 free goldfish just for coming out, ALL PURCHASES ON THIS DAY WILL BE GIVEN A 10% DISCOUNT. We hope to see you then.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
this is in or around Downtown Sacramento

sagitariuscbc
05/01/2004, 06:24 PM
they are not open !!! :sad1:

changhsu
05/02/2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I passed by the store front both Sat and Sun and don't remember seeing it open.

The store front is pretty though, so I guess they did put some money into it. Hope to see it open soon. :)

bzzbee2
05/02/2004, 11:51 PM
last update i heard was this coming friday i think.....

sagitariuscbc
05/03/2004, 12:29 PM
they told me the 8th is when they will be open.

Bamm Bamm
05/04/2004, 02:56 PM
Let me know if it's worth going there after they open. Thanks guys

sagitariuscbc
05/04/2004, 03:04 PM
from chico bro? it will be a while. i don't think i even saw a tank set-up yet.
have you been to tropical paradise yet? it tops with me;)
http://www.tpaquarium.com/

shawn

comrade fishtgutz
05/06/2004, 05:26 PM
FYI: i stopped in on the 4th and was told that the store would open on the 15th

Bamm Bamm
05/06/2004, 05:52 PM
TP was cool!! but I was more impressed with Aquatic Gallery in Milpitas.. I went to 6 Bay Area LFS a few weekends ago and by the time I got to TP I already had two full ice chests full of corals and fish=) Didn't have room for any more.

What are the stores in Sacramento? I need to check those ones out sometime. Moviegeek was telling me about Exotic Aquarium? I think it was?

Sardaukar
05/06/2004, 06:53 PM
Ya Exotic Aquarium and O Street Aquarium are both pretty nice.

sagitariuscbc
05/06/2004, 06:56 PM
http://www.ostreetaquarium.com
http://www.exotic-aquarium.com/
http://aquaworldaquarium.com/
http://www.capitolaquarium.com/
pet connection http://www.hopefulbeginnings.homestead.com/contactus.html

paradise

aqualife in rocklin

in no special order

Twize
05/06/2004, 08:33 PM
Good Job on the websites Sagitariuscbc!

Sardaukar
05/06/2004, 08:55 PM
Ignore the Capitol Aquarium post. Don't even bother going there. Here is the final conversation I had with an employee there.

Me: "How much are you asking for the pair of clowns?"
*Looking at a pair of true perc clowns in a tank in back. They were really nice looking, tons of black - looked like those 'onyx' ones that Inland Aquatics sells*

Employee: "They arn't for sale."

Me: "Why not?"

Employee: "They just arn't." *Huh?*

Me: "Well do get more clowns with this much black?"

Employee: "From time to time." *Does this guy not want to sell me stuff or what?*

Me: "Ok - if you got clowns in like this and were selling them, how much would the pair be?"

Employee: "Alot bud - we have other clowns if thats what you want." *He points to a nearby tank of tomato clowns.*

I just left after that. I vow to never return to that store. Granted I did put a little sarcasm in my last question and the guy was running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get a shipment of fish into the tanks, but thats still no way to treat a customer - especially one who is interested in a 100+ dollar pair of clownfish.

Exotic and O street are much better and they don't act like they are doing you a favor by selling you fish.

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/07/2004, 12:07 AM
the guys at exotic arent as great either. i have been falsy acused of stealing thier merchindise on many occasions and they act like we know nothing about anything. i try to stay away from there also. i like to go to o street and paradise on 47th street. though paradise is very small the guys are very friendly.

thereefgeek
05/07/2004, 03:51 PM
I personally like the stores that leave the rotting remains of dead (dying) fish in their tanks. How hard is it for an employee to net the deads out of the holding tanks?!?! Weather or not as a retailer you actually care about your livestock, or you're just out to move as much product as possible, at least pretend you have a clean system by removing the floaters. BTW, Sardauker, that's pretty sad when an employee won't sell you a fish (overpriced at that!). It bugs me to death when the stores don't post prices. Sometimes at stores w/o prices, just for fun I say "How much is that one? What about that one? No, the one next to it. That one? This one here? How 'bout for a pair?" Then I go back to the first one just to see if they're paying attention, or just spouting $$$ to shut me up.

Bamm Bamm
05/07/2004, 04:47 PM
Why are they accusing you of stealing stuff you walking in with a big bucket=)

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/07/2004, 05:08 PM
once they said i was pocketing thier fish and putting them in my pocket, another time stay stopped me at the door and asked to see my hands to make sure they where empty, and another time they stopped me at the door and asked me to empy oput my pockets. on all occasions i had nothing.

Sardaukar
05/08/2004, 02:47 AM
Ya I was completely dumbfounded by his refusal to sell me the fish. I have really no idea why he would not want to sell me an overpriced pair of fish. I mean, the fish are impressive, but its not like they are one of a kind. I can order the same fish online at a number of places.

BTW, its also the only LFS I have ever been to where I have actually witnessed two employees yelling at each other in front of customers. Aparently, there was a large puddle of water in the store and the manager was angry at the employee. The employee claimed to know nothing about it and shouted back that some customer must have dropped his fish. They went back and forth for about 30 seconds, yelling from the across the store. I could barely restrain my laughter.

As far as Exotic, im kinda suprised to hear that. They seem to run a decent store and Ive been a customer off and on for years. Your right about the netting of dead fish. It just blows my mind how people can not take the time out to clean the tanks of dead fish once every couple of hours.

Bamm Bamm
05/08/2004, 11:23 PM
The manager at Fish Etc in Chico was yelling at one of her workers one day in front of my girlfriend and I about the abundance of algae in all there tanks=) We really didn't feel it was very appropriate either. Should never be done in front of customers

bzzbee2
05/09/2004, 11:27 PM
hey has anyone checked out pets and beyond yet?? is it open?

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/10/2004, 12:36 AM
they arent open untill the 15th. thats what the owner told me.

bzzbee2
05/10/2004, 12:41 AM
humm... i wonder if on the 15th we will be told the 22nd?

jayson_219@yahoo.com
05/10/2004, 03:18 AM
it could be a possibility, i talked to the owner online about it. he was telling me the 15th. and he has adds on craigslist saying its the 15th. so unless he wants lots of disapointed customers waiting at the door, he would open on the 15th.

bawsom
05/15/2004, 10:48 PM
better give them another week. They had 4 or 5 tanks with freshwater fish only no marine creatures at all.

changhsu
05/16/2004, 02:31 AM
I dropped by the store and had a good chat with the owners. They are a family-run business, nice friendly people. Prices are quite competitive.

When I got there, their FW tanks are mostly full. They said their SW tanks will be more fully stocked in a week. Right now, they mostly have some clowns (true percs, GSM, tomato) and tangs. Healthy and decent-sized.

They are still doing some set-up, so expect them to get better. I bought a bottle of Kent Marine Coral-Vite to show my support. Well, we wish them good success. :)

bzzbee2
05/17/2004, 02:41 PM
I just stopped by at about 12:30 they said they will be recieving a large shipment of SW fish today. the store is small, but quite cool if you ask me. They have a couple very impressive tomato clowns in there right now which i am tempted to get...

Photon
05/17/2004, 03:50 PM
Where is the store located?

sagitariuscbc
05/17/2004, 04:22 PM
3562 4th ave, it intersects Broadway, 36th St., and 4th ave
"PETS & BEYOND"

bzzbee2
05/17/2004, 04:44 PM
i fear i shouldnt have said anything... you guys are going to go clean house, and there will be nothing left when i get off work...:wildone: lol

fishsoldseprtly
05/17/2004, 07:04 PM
do they have a #???

bzzbee2
05/17/2004, 07:08 PM
i just did 411 with my office phone...

916-452-3550... although i didnt try it.

Bamm Bamm
05/18/2004, 09:57 AM
hmmm..Just called in sick. Should I go to Sac today..=)
Nah I'm really sick.=(

fishsoldseprtly
05/19/2004, 02:21 AM
thanks bzzbee

bzzbee2
05/19/2004, 02:33 AM
Their setup dosent look to bad. its still all fairly new, and they said they would start to stock a lot more corals in about a month or so once the tanks have got a bit more established. i kinda wanna just go in there and buy stuff from the top tanks just to watch them fish the stuff out. the bottom of the top row of the display tanks, is probably 6' high..

and they do have a couple nice tomato clowns.. or possibly cinamons.. i dont really remember, but they were big and fat.

Photon
05/19/2004, 12:36 PM
I stopped by yesterday and they were still setting up. There were some clowns and a few other fish. Nice people.