PDA

View Full Version : Durso Standpipe

masterswimmer
04/06/2004, 11:04 PM
I finally bit the bullet and built a modified durso. Required a lot of cuts and mods. But........it works, awesome!! I am very psyched about it.

My overflow was too small for the size pipe and fittings I needed. Had to cut, cut here, snip, snip there.

Was a bit nerve wracking seeing that water rise in the overflow!

Silence is golden,
Russ

WAGERJA
04/07/2004, 07:14 AM
any pics buddy?
J

Tomzpc
04/07/2004, 11:11 AM
I made one for my hang-on overflow (Stacy has it now...he had made one also but is now using two overflows). They work great.
If I can make one anybody can. :p

cybertomtbcb
04/12/2004, 09:56 AM
I've beeen using "The Stockman" which I found on Richard Durso's site. It's a modification of the durso that fits in hang on overflowboxes. It works great but I find it cuts down the flow a little bit. The biggest issue tweaking the standpipe is deciding if the pvc drain going to the sump is going to be underwater or not. I use a Berlin system and the drain goes into the berlin bag, once it starts to get dirty the water rises and the end of the drain pipe goes under the water and the standpipe started making noise and acting funny. So, decide before hand whether the end of the pvc draining to the sump is going to be above the water level or it will always be under the water level (which helps with noise). At that point you can better tweak the durso or stockman and drill the right size hole in the cap of the standpipe. My best to all.

masterswimmer
04/12/2004, 05:30 PM
My modified Durso is working like a champ. I'm real happy with it. I'll be sending Ross pix to post for me.

Russ

andro
04/12/2004, 07:39 PM
Awesome, nobody likes their tank to sound like a toilet or a waterfall, good work. Can't wait to see pics.

-Ian

foxstop
04/12/2004, 07:45 PM
Not a great picture of my Durso, but I have to say that they work great in the dual overflows of my AGA 120.

Brianhttp://foxesreef.com/durso_1.JPG