PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye

occb2
03/28/2004, 10:19 AM
I just wanted to post to say bye to the HVRK's. Myself and a few others from the "original" club are starting another one. I haven't liked the way the club has been acting and the truth of the matter is that all the local Fish Stores hate us. Even a few of the wholesale companies I deal with asked me about what was going on. The F'ed up thing about the whole thing is that it seems that the A-holes are people who aren't even in the club. But with that, they are stating that they are and I see that it has become a group of crybabies. Yes ED is a friend and I know he will alway give the true members of HVRK a great deal, but when I go to B and G's and Kyle asked me what is going on with the club and that he was told not to give us deals and Reefsplendor, the same thing, I have to say that the whole reason for the club was to get together and hang out and learn from each other about reefing. And if we could get group deals or a speaker that we would be in heaven. Not burn our bridges. I don't know Master swimmer. Never seen him or know him. But it seems to me he is the one who is bringing this so called club down. Brain, Tom, and anyone else who want to be in real club that will start anew with the goals listed above, even you Masterswimmer, when you stop messing with local pet stores, let us know. Bye.
Rob

wasp9166
03/28/2004, 10:28 AM
kyle tried to sell me sh** i didnt even need, have fun with your "friends"

occb2
03/28/2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks Wasp...Hope you will join also.....

fishbarned
03/28/2004, 12:18 PM
ill be your first member

ADS
03/28/2004, 01:21 PM
Hey Rob-
Give me a call when you get a chance-
Adam

Sunshine
03/28/2004, 07:39 PM
Hi....I am pretty new to the hobby and for a long time I was looking for a reef club in my area. I find out there is the HVRK here in this forum and by the previous threads I have read, I am not sure I want to be part of that old club.
To make a VERY long story short, we were given a running 55gal reef tank by a friend. We knew NOTHING about reefkeeping and needed to learn QUICK. The tank we were given needed some upgrading and was a little over crowded, so we looked into getting a larger tank. We went to many local "FISH STORES" only to be given what I now know to be a bunch of S*%T. A few thousand bucks JUST for the tank/canopy/stand and some BASIC equipment...(no lights, skimmer etc.)
Well, one afternoon while driving through Hopewell Junction...We passed by "The Barn". We stoped and we greeted like old friends. We explained our situation and we told we WOULD NOT be sold anything until we learned what the heck we needed to do. We were given a quick verbal lesson and a book to borrow and told to call any time for questions. Well, we called and called and visited....and were always treated with kindness and patience. After a few months we decided that we were ready to buy our new set-up. We chose a 125gal with all the goodies...skimmer, Metal Halide lighting, chiller, rock...etc....We got EVERYTHING, plus delivery of equipment, water, rock and set-up for less than half what the other store wanted for less stuff. After a few months of success, we had a pump failure. We called Ed late at night after the store closed and he had another pump on the self and to come on up (he was as concerned for our fish & corals as we were!) He opened the store, got us a new pump gave us a few pointers and sent us on our way with a smile!!!
Ed is one of the kindest people with the utmost respect and commitment to the reefkeeping hobby that I have ever met. His dedication and love for the hobby has spilled into our lives and rewarded us in ways only dedicated reefers would understand. He made us and others understand that this is a HUGE commitment and anyone not taking it seriously doesn't deserve to reap the rewards. He wouldn't sell us anything until he knew we were knowledgable enough, commited to the responsibility and respected the fact that these were living creatures. Now...That is what reeefkeeping is all about. Yes...people have to make a living...But you gotta LOVE it too!
Ed has made house calls, looked after sick fish, and ALWAYS gone the extra mile for us and all his customers. I don't imagine any of the other stores doing that ...even DURING business hours.
Anyway...I just wanted to vent a bit.......

Anyway, Rob......I would love to be part of your new club. This would be my first time in a reef club and I would be honored to be part yours!!!
Here's to ED!!!!

Tina

occb2
03/28/2004, 08:13 PM
Tina your welcome to join. The more the better. So far with emails and post it's looking great. Is your husband the drummer? Do you guys have the huge dogs? Anyway welcome.
Rob

seaham358
03/28/2004, 08:19 PM
See Rob its guys like you and Ed that keep this crap going. Why did you have to post anything on this site. You have been missing for months so why come back to just stir things up.
We put this issue to bed but YOU PEOPLE keep bringing it back.
Can't say after reading your post Im sorry to see you go.
Your only back to try and get a reaction out of the group and make us look bad. I suggest that all members let this post slide and turn the other cheek and not bite into this taunting to try and get us kicked off of RC.
Good luck with your new reef club.
Bob

wasp9166
03/28/2004, 08:34 PM
http://www.geocities.com/wasp9166/deargod.jpg.txt

seaham358
03/28/2004, 08:44 PM
AMEN....AMEN....

Thank you..... It is NON HVRK member doing all the posting from now on.....

Tomzpc
03/28/2004, 08:51 PM
Rob...OCCB2. I just sent you a lengthy PM. As Bob said, I ask that we let this slide and go away. We all know that Russ (Masterswimmer) is a great guy with integrity and that Rob is out of the loop, having not been to a meeting since the first (over a year's time).

Rob...good luck with your club. Please start your own thread in the reef discussion forum or elsewhere.

Happy reefin'....Tom

griss
03/28/2004, 10:54 PM
Closed