PDA

View Full Version : Heart broken.

buckmild1
03/26/2004, 05:53 PM
Well my 4 year old son dumped his MR. BUBBLES in my 120 gal reef tank killing all occupents and flooded my house. Hes lucky hes my son or I would be in jail. Gonna have to start over and block the back of my tank off so he cant reach around. Just wanted to cry on your shoulder for a minute.

Caryliss
03/26/2004, 06:24 PM
I am so sorry to hear that! I can only imagine how bad you are feeling right now. Don't give up though. I know starting over is going to be a lot of work, but it will be worth it.

eastshores
03/26/2004, 06:30 PM
That is horrible.. you can probably use that against him in later years.. once he develops a conscience

dc
03/26/2004, 06:39 PM
It's a good thing little ones are so cute. Definately child proof.

NicoleC
03/26/2004, 06:45 PM
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Does anyone now how long the bubble chemical might persist in the tank? I definately needs a good scrubbing. I can think of one 4 year old that need to sit quietly through the whole procedure...

guitarfish
03/26/2004, 07:09 PM
Oh you poor thing. I think I would literally cry if something like that happened to mine. I read one a year back about a guy who went away for a week, and his neighbor's kid was over the house playing with his son, and the kid dumped an entire container of food into the tank. I think he lost just about everything.

Some things you can just never plan for.

cmiannay
03/26/2004, 07:11 PM
Keep an eye on the news, folks... did you read his signature? :eek1:

Just kidding of course! I can't even imagine what that would feel like. :sad2:

gooberz
03/26/2004, 07:14 PM
Wow that really would bum me out.. Best of luck on putting it back up!

Henry

Whisperer
03/26/2004, 07:20 PM
Grounded!...One week no TV, videos, computer and you will finish all that broccoli.:furious:

dwarfatize
03/26/2004, 07:27 PM
I'm sorry that that happened. Best of luck getting it back togeather. I know how hard it is when you loose all of your fish.

buckmild1
03/26/2004, 08:47 PM
Well After many beers and even more tears, Im gonna start over. Wanted to move the tank and sink it in the wall anyhow, just not this year. My wife will be home from work in a little while and I think she might pull the plug on the whole thing. Got four kids and bills coming out the hole. as for my son he's well, my son. When I was a kid my father got a brand new duster hot rod and then went off to vietnam. I scratched the hell out of it with a rock and then lied about it when he got back. He had to remind me of that today. Oh yeah, got to see alot of stuff I didnt even know I had. bristle worms and star fish.

guitarfish
03/26/2004, 08:56 PM
If your sig is accurate, you only had the 120 reef for a year. That's rough. My 75g is only up for 4mos and I can't imagine not having it. Maybe you could just fill it with rock for now, get a couple pieces of LR to seed it, and just let it be for a bit.

If I were in your area I'd give you some frags 'cause I feel bad.

redawg
03/26/2004, 09:17 PM
what part of florida ya in? if your around naples or willing to come to, i'd give ya some frags to get ya started again

buckmild1
03/26/2004, 09:28 PM
I Live in pasco co. Not to far to travel. I made up some salt water and tried to save as many corals as I could but none of them look good, only time will tell. Might need frags in the future I will keep you in mind. Man this really this sucks.

williams-crist
03/26/2004, 09:34 PM
Sorry to hear that!

At 4 years old I'm sure he didn't know what would happen or he wouldn't have done it!

My little boy is 3 and he loves to help with the fish tank and is always very interested in what is going on in there.... On second thought, is that a good thing?

I would be equally crushed if that happened to me :)

I have a hard time justifying the expense of having the saltwater tank to my husband so I can definetly relate to how you feel about your new big plans possibly being crushed.

Best of luck!

Debra

rbaker
03/26/2004, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your tank. You definitely need to child proof that puppy when you're up and running again...:D

Ryan

guitarfish
03/26/2004, 09:54 PM
One word: adoption