PDA

View Full Version : My little project

wkopplin
03/26/2004, 11:05 AM
http://www.maast.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4074

I have been working on a project for the last few months. I am a member of MAAST (South Texas SW group) and have gotten lots of help from the people there on the setup.

I built out a room in my garage and plumbed the tank through the wall. My display tank is a 215 RR Oceanic brick tank (no centerbrace). Sump is a 180, 75 gallon coral prop tank, 2 20L xenia filters and a 120 fuge that gravity drains into the main tank. Skimmer is 55" tall, powered by an Iwaki 70RLT. Return pump is a Dolphin Aqua Sea 5200. Wavemaker is the Oceansmotions 8 way powered by a Little Giant pump (might upgrade to the Iwaki). Lighting on the main tank is 3 400W XM's (2-10K's and 1 20K) and two 6" VHO actinics. Coral prop tank has 2 175W 20K XM's (probably switching to the 10K's and adding some VHO actinics). Xenia filters lit by PC's. Using a calcium reactor as well.

Dual float switches on the top off system with a 55 gallon reservoir that is filled from a 100GPD Spectrapure RO/DI system.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

discocarp
03/26/2004, 11:16 AM
Looks like a sweet setup! I'd love to do that with my garage, but unfortunately, the garage walls only meet up to a pair of bedrooms. Not anyplace I'd want a big tank. I went through my wall onto my porch though. Its nice, but I wish it was a closed off room like you've got!

Peter

golf nut
03/26/2004, 09:53 PM
Looking great Blake!

Looks like you need more room, not another tank! I would have bought shares in H/D had I known about you shopping there!

Now you now I am going to steal those pics don't you? lol

Paul

wkopplin
03/27/2004, 09:17 AM
Fine with me Paul! I guess I do need to change my bottom saying. I am out of walls! The Oceansmotions is working great. I designed it like the pic you had on the 180 with the pipes coming up from the bottom. 1 outlet in each front corner, 2 in the front center, a spray bar, and one in each back corner. The flow is great and best of all, no unsightly powerheads!

I'll send some better pics.