PDA

View Full Version : Top ten ways you flooded your house..

FSchutz
03/26/2004, 03:31 AM
I have just one word, "Earthquake"!
Those of us living in southern California at the time remember the Northridge quake. I thought it was a bright idea to convert my king-sized waterbed head-board into an aquarium stand. On top, which was about at eye-level, was my pride and joy a 60g fish-only marine community tank. On the lower levels included a cichlid breeding tank, a small seahorse tank, an amphibian aqua-terium, and a species tank containing a rather large fresh-water electric catfish.
After all the shaking was done; my 60g marine tank took a beating, the lighting system had fallen into the tank, and it splashed about 20g of it's water on the floor, good thing the lighting system was turned off, other than that it was fine.
The rest of the tanks faired a bit better, except the tank containing the electric catfish, one of the panes of glass had cracked and most of the water had leaked out. I didn't want to take any chances, and since I didn't have any rubber gloves handy, I grabed a couple of oven-mitts and tried to wrestle the fiesty catfish into a bucket of bucket of fresh water. I can tell you from experience, trying to catch a fish w/ oven-mitts on is a lot harder than it may seem!
FSchutz