PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Ways You've Flooded Your House

walkietalkie25
03/24/2004, 11:10 PM
When I started my reef tank, I made the mistake of buying a 45 gallon trash dumpster on two wheels to make my salt water. I set it up in the powder room upstairs of my house, where I had installed the R.O. system. As it filled I added salt periodically. When it reached about 30+ gallons the wheels rolled off center and dumped all the water on the floor, which spread to several rooms and destroyed drywall downstairs! My second mistake came a few weeks later. I had returned the dumpster to the hardware store and exchanged it for two 32 gallon plastic trash cans with lids. These I put upstairs in my linen closet and used to store fresh and salt water. I had filled both cans with water and one with salt to age while I went on a week long dive trip to Puerto Rico. When I returned, the salt water tank had sprung a leak on a "defective" seam, flooding another 20+ gallons and damaging more drywall downstairs! Needless to say, I spent alot of money afterwards on real heat/chemical resistant water tanks to prevent any more floods!