PDA

View Full Version : are sea cucmbers worth it????

scoops212001
03/19/2004, 04:00 PM
i mean if they shoot there poison out the whole tank dies. i want one but it does not seem worth it to me??? your thoughts

commandertekki
03/19/2004, 04:04 PM
yes they are. when they expell their intestines, that doesnt mean your tank is going to be poisonous. that does say that you need to remove it once it does.

Now... after it expells its intestines, and you decide you'll get to it in a couple days then dont expect things to be honky dory.

But their awesome little creatures that help sfit the sand by eating it and pooping it out... as long as its a tiger tail.

Dont get them fancy ones...they're worthless in my opinion.

psiico
03/19/2004, 05:21 PM
I have two, they move so slow I wonder if they're even alive sometimes. But they're cool. I read you have about 15 minutes when one dies, but I also read it's a rare occurance. I got into this to learn things and watch funky critters, how could I not get a cuke?

bertoni
03/19/2004, 07:48 PM
Some cucumbers are toxic, others aren't. The cucumbers sold as "tiger tails" here and there aren't toxic, and they make good cleanup animals for a tank large enough to support them. I think Dr Shimek recommends about 1 per 2 sq ft of open bottom. There's more information on all of this in his forum.