PDA

View Full Version : Tube Worm Behavior

GarryT
03/19/2004, 07:35 AM
Hi All,

I'm after a little advice here...

I have had a tube worm in my tank for about a month along with 6 bluegreen chromis, 2 common clowns a yellow tang, Royal Gramma and a Manderin. I have a couple of other inverts in there too; a sun coral, a bubble coral, a leather disc coral and a leather finger and an atlantic sand anemone all of which are thriving The tank also has approx 80lbs LR.

The tube worm seems to have been real happy for the past month and now for the past couple of days its hardly come out of its tube, when it does its for very short periods and then it dissapears again.

I'm wondering if theres something wrong, I've checked all the water quality and everything looks normal, does anyone have any advice they can offer on the habbits of tube worms?

Thanks

Garry.

koj11
03/19/2004, 07:53 AM
Is he getting enough to eat? Mine gets dt's and esv spray dried phyto.

markdt
03/19/2004, 08:18 AM
I can not remember the name but I have liquid food that is for Fether dusters I direct feed them. I had one that was irriated and poped of all the feathers. i keeped feeding the tube and it is doing great. I feed the liquid food about 2 a week and all of mine are doing great. I sorry I can not remember the name.