PDA

View Full Version : corkscrew anenomes, what to do

n o o d l z
03/18/2004, 04:01 PM
I just bought about 60# of live rock, and on a few of the pieces there's some good sized corkscrew anenomes (bigger than I have ever seen). I found a few small aiptasia also but I put some peppermint shrimp in there today, which should do the job. But with the corkscrew anenome, I'm not really sure what to do with it. One of them is quite large, I'd say about 4" in diamater from tip to tip, center is about the size of a half-dollar. It seems to be bothering a colony of zoos that were on the live rock also, and its growing like mad, almost doubled in size since I bought the rock a few weeks ago. Should I get some kalk/Joe's Juice and take care of it or should I try selling it to the LFS or something :p I wouldn't think there's too much of a demand for these things but I thought I'd check just in case.

And for those who don't know what they look like, they've got a light brown stalk with clear long tentacles that have brown stripes that give it a corkscrew effect. I'd post a pic but I don't have a digicam.