PDA

View Full Version : 26-gallon Seaclear System II.....

anutha newby
03/18/2004, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

I’m taking the Plunge! I’m currently in the process of researching and setting up a mini-reef in a 26-gallon SeaClear System II tank. This tank is a flat back hex with a built in sump. I also plan on using a 20-gallon tank for a sump. I would like to keep Soft Corals, button polyps, and clowns w/anemones and will attempt to keep it simple.....
Anyone else out there have one of these tanks?

Thinking about getting the following gear:
Aqua C Urchin Pro Skimmer.
SCWD for wave action.

Any input for lighting would be helpful, thinking power compacts, as well as pumps for return from sump ( proper gph hr for 26 gallon tank turn-over?)

Like I said, all I have is the tank, so here’s a chance for all to chime in on what to get and what NOT to get!

Thanks in advance and apologies for any blatant newby questions, and thanks to all posters for so much good info!

reefgal
03/18/2004, 02:43 PM
My only comment would be...skip the anemones. They should definitely be considered "advanced" animals and need to be in a well established aquarium. 26 gallons will also be too small even for an E. quadricolor anemone.

anutha newby
04/05/2004, 09:24 AM
Okay, the tank is set up, filled with RODI water, heating up, salted up and the live rock has been ordered.

Now time to panic: Any thoughts on Supplements, Calcium, Kalkwasser, and when to add said supplements? The live rock should be here this week, should supplements or phtoplankton be added during cycling?

FYI: Hardware Update:
Tank: 26 gallon Seaclear acrylic with built in sump
Lighting: 2x65 Watt, 50/50 Coralife PC
Pumps: supreme mag 3 w/SCWD
Durso tube to Sump
Aqua C Urchin in sump with Maxi Flow 1200 powerhead.
Additional 20 gallon AG sump.
Instant Ocean Salt mix.
RODI Water filter