PDA

View Full Version : need help adding inverts

tvrsir
03/18/2004, 11:13 AM
well i'm done with adding fish to my fowlr possible will convert to coral and stuff in about a year. right now i have 2 astrea snail and 4 hermits. all the water parameters are good.

i'm planning on adding a few inverts. does invert cause ammonia spike just like fish or are they different. i'm really new to this. or are they pretty much if you have the right lighting and stuff you can keep and much as you can cram just enough not to crowd the tank

i was plannijng on adding 10 more snails 5 hermit an orange starfish , a cleaner shrimp, and later want to add assorted hard and soft coral, and mushrooms. please advise me thanks guys

tjpontz
03/18/2004, 11:24 AM
In my (limited) experience, I have not seen ammonia spikes from adding inverts to the tank. How many you need to add will depend on the size of your tank. How big is it?

tvrsir
03/18/2004, 11:50 AM
20 gallon with 26lbs of lr

tvrsir
03/18/2004, 05:34 PM
back up top for more info. okay help a newbie out here OR IMMA kill all my fish i promise hahhah just kind I LOVE THEM TOO MUCH:D

waterlily
03/18/2004, 05:57 PM
You shouldn't see an ammonia spike if your tank is cycled. Just don't go all crazy and add a lot at the same time.

tjpontz
03/18/2004, 07:40 PM
I have a 29 gallon tank. I had a recent algae problem. I added 18 snails (6 each of 3 different kinds) and 12 very small hermits. They are all doing pretty well. The clean-up crew shouldn't do any ammonia spiking. I'd worry more if you were adding 2 or 3 fish at a time.