PDA

View Full Version : Anenome help

marius03
03/18/2004, 12:21 AM
I have a bubble tip anenome it is an "offspring" of my friends anenomes that he gave to me. I have had it for about maybe 4 months or so and it is currently white (which i know is not a good thing) it eats silversides happily but i know its under stress because it is white. My paramaters are fine everything at zero, nitrates are maybe 5 but im about to do a water change. But i have just purcahsed iodine, strontium and molybdenum, and liquid calcium that i have started dosing. I use to dose this but stopped. i was wondering if this might take care of the problem and make my anenome healthier. What would yall recomend? thanks

Jamesurq
03/18/2004, 12:37 AM
Potentially - better lights and current. Whatta you got goin on in those 2 areas.

marius03
03/18/2004, 12:40 AM
well i have fine lighting. i have two 402 powerheads in the tank and i have a coralife powercompact on the tank. my tank gets almost 4 watts per gallon. i know its definetly not the lighting or the water flow

DaveC
03/18/2004, 06:31 AM
You did not mention what your levels of those chemicals that you are going to add, if they are within specs in the first place you may be causing more problems and solving....so depending on what your levels are just adding those may not do anything for you...what lighting do you have, BTA do not require strong lighting, but still require good lighting...

DaveC

crzy4reefs
03/18/2004, 08:46 AM
i personally would do MH's or (vho?) what's your dkh,calcium levels. what additives do you put in the tank? what's the temp of the tank.