PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to get tanks

Klatos
03/17/2004, 11:58 AM
I'm looking to buy another tank between 75 and 125 gallons. I want something EASY to take care of and that looks really nice. Does anyone know a good place to get reef ready tanks? I'm having problems with my current tank because the cabinet and the top wasn't made with reefing in mind.

Yellowrose
03/17/2004, 12:28 PM
check your lfs

VenturaSteve
03/17/2004, 12:39 PM
check this site, poeple are selling systems all the time. You probably have a local reef club posted on this site. These reef guys are insane with the upgrades they go thru. You can pick up a great tank from somebody going to the "latest" set-up.

Mexican Hermit
03/17/2004, 12:48 PM
www.tenecor.com (Acrylic)
All-Glass

NeuroLarry
03/18/2004, 11:45 AM
If you want a glass tank you will probably need to buy it locally or order it thru LFS. AGA is a good choice. If you want acrylic the above link to tenecor is a good place to start. Acrylic can be difficult to care for in terms of scratches but is lighter and has no tint.

Jon Lazar
03/18/2004, 12:12 PM
I'd definitely go with a used tank if you can be patient for the right one to come along...it's WAY cheaper than buying new.

In addition to the source posted above, I've seen plenty of ads in the newspaper and penny saver too.

Happy reefing,
Jon