PDA

View Full Version : Darn slippy suckers !

nevpugh308
03/16/2004, 06:17 PM
The three-suckered hanger that came with my Aquaclear 802 is really starting to pee me off !! Basically it's not man enough to hold the 802 plus it's canister filter up, so the whole shebang ends up slipping towards the bottom of the tank, or more often than not slipping sideways.

The alternative "over edge of tank" hanger is no use to me either, due to the design of my hood.

The suckers grip GREAT in a horizontal direction ... you just try and prise the dratted thing off, it's impossible ! It's just that they slip really easy up and down, left and right. Cleaning them / the glass makes no difference either.

Anyone got a neat trick on how to get the damn things to stick and not slide ?!?

Tx !

DrMilhouse
03/16/2004, 06:24 PM
I've heard of several people taking a magnet like a mag float used to clean the inside of the tank and gluing the power head to the magnet. Seems to make sense to me. Some superglue or some aquament or even aquarium sealant should hold the PH to the magnet. Shouldn't slide after that unless you move the magnet on the outside.

HTH

Mike

nevpugh308
03/16/2004, 06:33 PM
Hmm ... that actually makes moving the PH position easy too :)

Is superglue tank safe though ?

DrMilhouse
03/16/2004, 07:18 PM
Yeah, that's what folks have taught me to use for fragging stuff. it will even cure under the water. Use the gel stuff though. Or an aquarium silicone or something.