PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer

HTF
03/16/2004, 03:20 PM
Can someone help me? I have an Excaliber SV2 Protein Skimmer (Advanced Aquaria). The problem is The skimmer is overflowing the collection cup, it fills with water and foam and overflows into the sump. The skimmer is powered
by a Rio 1700, but there are no controls for air or water flow. Is there anything I can do? Thanks for the help....

MichaelD
03/16/2004, 03:42 PM
Is it a new skimmer? Is it the type of foam you want or just water. And are you cycling?

HTF
03/16/2004, 03:56 PM
Yes it is a new skimmer. It looks like it is just water. Tank already cycled
It has been up since December.

HTF
03/16/2004, 03:58 PM
There is a picture on one of my other posts. I didn't mean to post it three times.

MichaelD
03/16/2004, 05:48 PM
New skimmers take a while to brake in. I'm not sure about the Excalibur but when it brakes in it should start producing foam.

w3rdup!
03/16/2004, 06:01 PM
While on the topic of skimmer my euro-reef has been doing this for like 3 weeks already. I cleanned it out in bewteen there somewhere but is it possible the pump is just to strong? Its still overflowing if i let the pump go and I adjust it by putting it close to the glass in the sump. I might just try the ball-valve method, anyone have any idea what size i would get for the sedra pump?