PDA

View Full Version : Drip method question

baz
03/16/2004, 01:00 PM
My cleanu pcrew just arrived and in order to keep the guarantee it is required that I do the drip method for all my little guys. (which I had planned on doing anywho!). My questionis it talks about if you have fish or inverts but the do not state if you have different inverts. I have 40 crabs and 20 snails to acclimate. Can I toss them all in the 5 gallon bucket together or will this cause issues? I really do not want to spend 6 hours doing this either. Any tips,suggestions etc will be great!

Thanks,

Baz

CinciJoe
03/16/2004, 01:44 PM
All the inverts can be acclimated together in the same bucket.......What I do is float the bags for about 30 minutes.....Cut them all loose in the bucket and then start the drip..you want it to be slow....I have my 5gal bucket fill in about 2 hours...then I just put them in the tank and shut all my ph's and filters off for an hour.

JD

xeon
03/16/2004, 01:52 PM
In my opinion, if they came in separate bags I would acclimate them separately. You also can use another container so you have them all acclimating at the same time.

You have no way to know whether the water in each bag came from the same tank. To be on the safe side I acclimate items received in the mail separately if I'm not sure of this.

baz
03/16/2004, 06:17 PM
well they are all in together seem ok.... Dripping about 6 drips a second. This is the first time i have actualy done this and it was a lot easier than expected. Not sure why I always assume itws going to be hard.... anyways they all better get to work when they go in the tank it is looking pitiful.... I have the newbie greens!!

Baz

psiico
03/16/2004, 06:18 PM
I'd keep them seperate, and if you do it in a bucket be sure the temp in the bucket is the same as that of the tank. I doubt you'll need 6 hours, for crabs and snails I do an hour and a half. I only lost one, a big honking emerald almost the size of my hand, he died 6 days after I got him. Shrimp I do 2 hours and my brittle and serpent 3 hours. Fish I only do 30 - 45 minutes, not including the float time at the start. Just my opinion and experiances.