PDA

View Full Version : pistol and goby...

drmooncricket
03/11/2004, 10:40 PM
so i went to skipton's and yea, they had regular pistol shrimps, a few candy canes, but when i saw the bulls eye i just loved the look and color...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=23&pCatId=1147

so i will see if he pairs with my goby...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=181

if they pair, and even i have my doubts, they will be an awesome looking pair... keeps your fins crossed...

TheUltimateNoob
03/11/2004, 10:43 PM
haha. good luck.

nhanson
03/12/2004, 12:07 AM
The bullseye sounds neat. I think I might like a pair of those shrimps to hang out in my tank. Did you notice that liveaquaria said that the bullseye doesn't normally form symbiotic relations with a goby? Sounds like a no-go for your blackray friend.

How much is skiptons selling them for?

Nate

JustDavidP
03/12/2004, 08:17 AM
I have a candy cane that has paired with my yellow watchman. I got it from Roby's place. I've only seen it twice since I put it in the 75. Though, I have dozens of small tunnels all over my left side of the tank and LR.

drmooncricket
03/12/2004, 09:15 AM
yea i saw that but i love the challenge... i think its more up to the goby than the shrimp... kind of a one sided relationship... clowns take to different type of anemones they normally wouldn't in the ocean...right?

nhanson
03/12/2004, 10:32 AM
good point. How much is the bullseye?

Nocturnal
03/12/2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by drmooncricket
yea i saw that but i love the challenge...

Challenge? How much of a challenge could there be? Let me see if I get it straight: You buy a shrimp, you buy a goby, you put them in the tank and then wait to see what happens. Whew, sounds like a tough challenge. Hope you're able to handle it :rolleyes:
If not, I'm sure me and mike could help you out. Maybe with a joke to ease the stress. Have you heard this one? What did the five fingers say to the face?

SLAP

drmooncricket
03/12/2004, 01:53 PM
do i look like Charlie Murphy?

the goby was $45.00...

drmooncricket
03/12/2004, 07:36 PM
Update... came home and the goby is swimming back and forth from his normal spot to the back of the tank behind all the live rock... odd... my new beautiful shrimp... no where to be found... feed the tank look around a little and it appears that he decided his first home was going to be in the back behind the rock where I cant see him, but he did come out for a little piece of food... why is it these awesome animals decided to go where they cant be seen... and will he eventually come out?

JustDavidP
03/15/2004, 08:14 AM
I've seen my candycane just twice since I put it in and its burrow faces the front of the display. I thought it was a gonner, but the other night, after lights out, I could see it poking out from the hole.