PDA

View Full Version : Anemone ID?

sammystingray
08/19/2001, 10:05 AM
I know this isn't the best pic, so I won't hold you to any answer you can give me. This is a small brown anemone that I have had for about two years. He has split one time, so he has an identical twin also. They stay out in the open, and have been very close to corals without ever damaging them. The one in this pic was actually touching the leather for about a month, and it left no marks. Their full grown size seems to be about an inch and a half tall. The one in the pic is as fully extended as he ever gets. The color of brown is constant with the base being a little lighter. Once again, I know it's not the best pic, but any guess you may have will be taken knowing you had a crappy pic to work with. I have always wondered about this little guy. They are slow to reproduce, and they haven't hurt anything so far. They are also always in the open and very easy to remove if need be.
www.geocities.com/sammystingray/ID.html
The best I could do is a link because geocities won't allow pics to be linked....thanks alot Dr Ron

rshimek
08/21/2001, 11:23 AM
Hi Sammy,

I am sorry, but the picture doesn't do it....

I can't get anywhere from there.

There are alot of small brownish anemones. Most are absolutely harmless and interesting additions, so I would say if things look okay, don't look for trouble with it, but do keep monitoring it for any potential hassles.

:D