PDA

View Full Version : yellow angel in need of diagnosis..

fortyounces
08/17/2001, 08:47 PM
my yellow angel recently has been unfortunate to have a strange "irritation" (that is the best way to describe it) in the middle top of her body where the dorsal fin [which runs the length of the body] and the body itself meet. The irritation appears to be several scales pulled back, raised up or ever so slightly lacerated and looks like a small bump about as big as this star appears ----> *

she has been in the tank now for about two months and was introduced without any kind of problem or unnecessary stress. Everything was going well until yesterday. She is swimming just as much as usual and I see no changes in behavior or eating habits. The only thing I have been doing different recently was to dose kalkwasser in 1 oz a day increments over the past two weeks. Would something like that kalkwasser cause this irritation??

Water parameters are all stable and well within acceptable measures. Could she have gotten clipped by one of my sally lightfoot crabs during a feeding session? I am not too keen on the behaviors of the sally's other than they have been busy on my rocks cleaning whatever they can get their claws on. Only once I have seen one take a swoop at a damsel in the tank but at the time there were food particles raining down in the tank and I believe it was going for that.

If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know ASAP. I want to diagnose it before it gets any worse and i have to pull her from the tank.