PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law

WAGERJA
03/09/2004, 12:57 PM
OK,
I walked into TW 5pm yesterday and the 220g reef tank was leaking(~5gal/hr) from a bottom seal. the next 3.5hrs where spent frantically breaking the system down. Let’s just say I have no love for hypodermic needles.... wait that was suppose to say tube worms. anyway I took, the shriveled pin cushions that normal people call hands, home to pass out. (they had just got the MHs in for that tank so I was double ticked, those are going to be in storage and J won't get to play with them for months)
my father called me at 11 today to inform me that the auto top-off on the 120g went hey-wire. He had put water in the 5g bucket resivour and knocked the hose off the pump. so when the pump kicked on some time this morning it proceeded to spray the bottom of the tank putting ~3gal in the cabinet, soaking into the carpet, floor and dry wall on the ceiling in room below. yeah.
#3?
now I'm at work waiting for the third foot to drop.

How is everyone else's day?
J

masterswimmer
03/09/2004, 06:03 PM
Here's #3: If I don't have your LR money by tonight, I'm not going to be able to include you in our order. Sorry.

Russ

WAGERJA
03/09/2004, 07:12 PM
#3 sitting in traffic for 1.5hr on the way home.
Russ calling you in 5 min.
j

Tomzpc
03/09/2004, 11:02 PM
Ouch Jay. Sorry about your misfortunes. I've had my share of aquarium-related minor floods over the years and they're enough to make one consider getting out of the hobby. Note I only said...consider.

WAGERJA
03/10/2004, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the support, I just need to vent. Wasn’t all that bad looking back at it.
Breaking down the 220g was almost fun except for the tubeworms and being sad to see it go.
Auto top-off was mostly my father’s fault and he knows it, so was spaired the wraith. Witch is always worse then any clean up. (I need to by a house ASAP, I sound like 16yo)
And I drive an hour to work so the traffic is going to happen some times.

Thanks
J