PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Texans....and Cajuns too.....

bigben
08/02/2000, 11:48 PM
FC,

When are you wanting to do this? I'm interested,but I probably won't be getting a new tank for a couple of months--takes a while for the order,etc.

BTW, I've decided to take out some big student loans...hahaha...

Ben

------------------
"Bake 'em away, toys."

--Police Chief Wigham

Fogcutter
08/03/2000, 09:19 AM
Howdy pardn'ers,

I found out yesterday that it is indeed possible to get HD and transferred to Texas. However, as you can imagine it would have to be ordered by the pallet and I imagine a pallet is about 50 bags or more. Those who know can clue me in if you'd like.

Anyway...I just wanted to post this to see if I could generate enough interest to warrant trying to put together an order. There would probably be some trasnportion costs on top of the pallet cost so I'm not sure what the final per bag price would be. I'm guessing that it would still be only around $4-5.

Let me know what y'all think.
Oh...btw...I'm in Houston but I'm sure this could be done at any HD in the state.

Thanks,

Fogcutter

Tactstat
08/03/2000, 09:31 AM
I would be intrested in a least a few bags.

Good work Fog!

Tac

ps I am also in Houston!

Ninong
08/03/2000, 09:39 AM
Hi Fog,

Some folks have been successful in getting their local Home Depot to "store transfer" the sand without charging any freight. Those are the real lucky ones.

Joyce Mahoney (Macimage) just recently had a couple of pallets of the stuff shipped by truck from the east coast to southern California. You can read about her project by running a search under her board name.

According to her posts, each pallet weighed 2800 lbs in 40 lb bags. After figuring in the freight, she sold it in California for $18/bag (and that was with no profit). She may have gotten it direct from Southdown, Inc.

The trick to making it worthwhile is to get a local HD to "store transfer" the stuff and then charge you the regular $3.74/bag.

Keep us posted. :)

Ninong

------------------
Irrational Exuberance!