PDA

View Full Version : Need Quick Help feeding a Scooter Blenny!!!

Reefdude3
03/07/2004, 04:51 PM
3 weeks ago i took down my 120g due to algae problems. The rock is cycling again in the dark and all the corals and fish were moved to a container to wait for the rock to jeteson all detritus. Well, i've been feeding the scooter blenny frozen brine shrimp due to the lack of pods in the more sterile system. I thought he was eating, but now he seems REALLY thin! Should i take drastic measures and try to find a home for him??? PLEASE RESPOND! I took him from a friend who didn't have an established enough tank, i don't want him to starve!

ozadars
03/07/2004, 05:31 PM
is it eating frozen brine shrimp? If so you may try enriching brine and giving it more often as brine shrimp doesnt contain enough nutrient and scooter blennies hunt for pod all day long.

Reefdude3
03/07/2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah, i could try that, and i haven't actually been able to tell if he's eating. Whenever i stand directly above the holding tank he goes under a rock. It's seems that volume of food would be the big problem though.

MDboyz
03/08/2004, 12:51 AM
I had a scooter blenny. I really love him. He ate brine shrimp which was shoaking with selcon. I thought he would be okay (Pod population was gone in my tank). Eventually, he died last month 'cuz of starvation. He was really skinny when he died.

Reefdude3
03/08/2004, 03:23 PM
:(