PDA

View Full Version : Yay and UGH!

joefitz
02/29/2004, 01:26 PM
So I woke up this morning and couldn't find my six-line. I looked everywhere...a few hours later I found him. He jumped/got sucked over the overflow wall and was hiding out down at the bottom of the overflow. Phew.

Of course I still had to catch the guy and get him back in the tank...the overflow area is very cramped with all the plumbing I have in it so I decide to drain almost all the water out of it. After about 40 minutes of trying to catch him he jumped into the drain pipe and went for a slide down into the sump...ok, well, that isn't too bad. The sump is pretty cramped too with the skimmer and heaters and whatnot...but eventually I outsmart him and chase him into a container and am able to return him to the tank. Yay!

But now for the really bad news. During my morning tank inspection I noticed red flatworms. I've never seen a single one in my tank before. I'm not sure if the sixline had kept them in check or if they came in on the liverock I just bought or what. But I'm bummed. There were probably 40-50 that I could see... I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow and the sixline will have made a dent.

Joe

Dubge
02/29/2004, 01:34 PM
How big are flat worms? I am always looking at the little critters crawling on my glass and wondering? They are very small and I have to really squint to see em.
Sorry to hear you have them.

Ray

Ken2001
02/29/2004, 03:28 PM
sixline didn't make a dent in mine. I eventually went with Flatworm Exit, but have had to dose multiple times.

reefer90g
02/29/2004, 05:13 PM
Ken, how many times did you dose, how much did you dose at each treatment, did you run carbon each time, did you do water changes each time, any losses, and how long have they been gone??????

Sorry for all the questions but I am in the process of trying to rid my tank of FW's using Flat Worm Exit for the second time in 6 weeks. I have 3 applied tripple doses in my tank twice the past 3 days and plan on hitting it again Tuesday night. Only seen 20 dead FW's the first time (Thursday night ) and none since. Really do not want them to come back 6 week later again. All corals, fish and inverts look 100%

Heavydc2
02/29/2004, 05:27 PM
I had to flatworm exit my tank too, and it worked the first time and worked real well.

Scott Merrill
02/29/2004, 05:47 PM
green coris wrasse.
joe i have one if you want it when we move the 180.