PDA

View Full Version : Macro hqi MH fixtures?

dad300
02/28/2004, 06:27 PM
Looking for MH for later this spring early summer. I was looking at championlighting and saw these macro hqi pendants. cheaper by a couple hundred than the aqua medic etc. Does anyone know anything about them? good, bad, or otherwise?
Kevin

Sea Serpent
02/28/2004, 08:27 PM
Hi Kevin. ..
I had one of those units over my seahorse tank. I loved it . . BUT the ballast blew after 8 months and instead of shutting down (like it should have) current continued to flow causing flames. .. I was very upset by this failure. If my husband had not been home and in the same room with it when it failed, I can't even think of the damage it could have caused.

Champion was great about and gave me a FULL refund.

I now have a pc pendant over the horse tank. They don't care, but I do. That Macro light was perfect - if only it worked!

Buyer beware . ... it is NOT UL listed or CE certified. As a matter of fact, they couldn't even tell me who the manufacturer is.

You get what you pay for.

Paula

dad300
02/29/2004, 05:20 AM
that was the info I needed. the price was/is so far out of line with what else is out there. I figured something was off kilter. Dang. the price was soo good to.