PDA

View Full Version : True Purculas

Brandon Szatkowski
08/13/2001, 10:09 AM
I just picked up a mated pair of true percs 3 days ago. The first day they were in the ritteri and looked like they were going to take it as thier host. But these past 2 days they have been in the top left corner of ther tank just sitting their.

Does anyone know the basic care of these fish,and anything else that they like....?

Thank you,
Brandon

joezkool
08/13/2001, 05:33 PM
well, I can help a little. I have a pair also. They seem to like ANY kind of food I feed them. As far as anemones, they are very picky, but give them some time, and they will adapt to one. They are very hardy, peaceful, and easy to keep. Very interesting fish too I might add!

Brandon Szatkowski
08/13/2001, 11:06 PM
The female died today.... and it looks like the male is nmot to far behind!!!

The female had what looked to be sheading skin which had a filmy look to it. The male is also devloping this...... do you find that I should give him a fresh water dip?

hcs3
08/14/2001, 12:07 AM
hi brandon

sorry to hear of the loss :(

i'm not completely familiar with fish diseases, so i''m gonna send your thread into the disease treatment forum.

i will recommend, however, that a clay flower pot cut in half and placed on the sandbed makes a faster home for a pair of clowns than any anemone ever will. don't know why this is, as it seems pretty weird. however, i have never seen a pair of clowns turn down a halved clay pot. (not to mention the clay pot has a much higher survival rate versus anemones)

HTH

henry

billsreef
08/14/2001, 06:01 AM
The female had what looked to be sheading skin which had a filmy look to it. The male is also devloping this

Probably Brooklynella, aka clownfish disease. Are these wild caught clowns?

The mortality rate of wild cought clowns is around 90% due to shipping and handling stress BTW which typically manifests itself as Brooklynella :( For this reason it is best to only get aquacultred clowns, they have a survival rate of 90-98%