PDA

View Full Version : can anyone spare some macro tomorrow?

Dubge
02/27/2004, 06:12 PM
I have my fuge all ready to start up, I just need to put in the feed line and get some macro.....so.....if anyone has any to spare that they can bring to the meeting? It is only a 5G fuge so I wont need all that much I don't have any frags to trade yet but I can pay :)

joefitz
02/27/2004, 06:24 PM
I was just about to ask the same thing! Sorry for hijacking the thread -- obviously you get first dibs, but if there is enough to go around I'd really, really appreciate it. I'd love to get som gracillaria if at all possible and/or chaeto. I'm getting ready to get my 100 fuge up so I'll take a bunch if anyone happens to have it.

Joe

one eye
02/27/2004, 07:18 PM
I have a mix of grape calurpa and cheato. Some people don't like the caulurpa I only use my fuge as a fuge so I like it and have not had a problem with it going sexual. I think if you keep it trimmed it decreases the chance of it going sexual. It's full of critters.
Let me know if your intested and I'll bring some.

joefitz
02/27/2004, 07:24 PM
Well, I'd be interested...Dubge can grab it first but if he doesn't want any or there is some left I'll be more than happy to take it.

I had grape caluerpa in my main tank and it required tremendous trimming -- I tried to remove it all but that is easier said than done. I did have it go sexual but everything made it through ok. I'm willing to put it in the fuge and if it seems to be a problem I'll find a way to get it out.

I will say that it grew like a weed and tiny bugs/critters seemed to love swimming in/around it.

We're still taking offers for more if anyone else has any to spare.

Thanks!

Dubge
02/27/2004, 07:29 PM
Sure I will take some I will most likely only need a little
thanks
Ray

lactrain
02/27/2004, 09:39 PM
I got macros .... three different kinds .... not sure yet if im going yet but i will bring it if i do .... two forms of (Caulepra racemosa) Grape Caulerpa .... (Caulerpa sertularioides) Feather Caulerpra and another that has long spiraling leaves ...

Disclaimer: I can not be responsible for any critters good or bad that come with it (Flatworms, Aiptasia,).

Let me know if your interested.

Len

one eye
02/27/2004, 09:42 PM
My disclaimer, not responsible for flatworms, aptaisia or the nasty olive drab zoas I got from coralsandbar and threw in the fuge!

lactrain
02/27/2004, 10:13 PM
Hey What i can gaurantee is it will be green .... lol or your money back ..lol

denvig
02/27/2004, 10:28 PM
I will have a small amount of cheato that I will bring with me fi Dubge gets 1 Eyes then Joe you can have mine. It will only be a little but it will grow.

SMS76
02/28/2004, 06:46 AM
I am also intersted in some macro if you guys have some extra.
Thanks
SMS76

skyedolphan
02/28/2004, 06:59 AM
seeing I am up early I will see about getting into the fuge downstairs (YUCK) and pulling out some stuff again same disclaimer as the rest not responsible for what you get LOL

and if any1 ends up with one eyes drab olive zoos I would be glad to take them off your hands :)

SMS76
02/28/2004, 07:06 AM
so skyedolphan, can you please give me some macro? Do you know what kind do you have?

Dubge
02/28/2004, 07:10 AM
Now I have one question.....should I worry about stuff that I get?
I think I have a pretty clean tank with nothing bad as of yet (knock on wood) but now seeing everyones disclaimer you all have me worried :)
If there is any bad stuff will it work its way into my main tank or stick to the fuge?

thanks
Ray

crimson156
02/28/2004, 02:03 PM
can u fresh water the dip the macro and it still be ok
i think the fresh water would kill off anything bad and put your worries to rest