PDA

View Full Version : Help me for 1740 gallon!

SpiritusSancti
02/25/2004, 11:20 AM
I have a 95 gallon fo tank now but in 6 months I (with the financial help of my family) will build a new tank. There is a place in the bottom floor in my house. Inside the wall we are keeping some plants now but I am planning to change this. The dimensions of this, is length:220cm-86inches width:120cm-47 inches height:250cm-98 inches Its capacity is around 6600lt.-1740 gallons. My problem What equipment will be the best for this sizes-it is gonna be fishonly.Can I put any kind of shark into this size(ex. blacktip shark) And finally how many fishes can live in this size of tank??? I'm waiting for your answers and suggestions...
SpiritusSancti
from Turkey

d-town tony
02/25/2004, 02:19 PM
bamboo,epaulette,catshark,hornshark

Dragon Moray Eels
02/26/2004, 01:09 AM
Im sorry, but iyou like such sharks, first you would need to do is see to where you can take them before they outgrow the tank. Like a city aquarium. Like myself, i did a shark and stingray tank a good number years ago for about 15 years or so and before i started with the idea it be a shark tank, i made real sure to where i could take them when they reached a size before they where to large for the tank. Now you tank is a good size, myself when i had the 1500+ gal tank, it was 15'Lx4'Wx3 1/2'H and i had two 200 gal sumps with a great skimmer in both with an 70 gal reservoir.

Now the Blacktip shark size: average a length of 5 feet But they swim at times like a bullet, so a huge city aquarium would only do for them or just be left in the ocean where they are. Here are two sites, one for a skimmer and the other is info site in the blacktip shark;

http://www.aquadirect.com/catalog/skimmers/euroreef.htm

ht:tp//www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Gallery/Descript/Blacktip/Blacktipshark.html

And about the blacktip shark, i did get one while a pup and that little guy swim like crazy, and before the time it reached the size of 3', i saw that he would have to go into a larger tank right away, he just had need of much more swimming room then i had. When i did the 1500+gal shark tank, i had mostly leopard sharks. and i manage to keep them till they grown to 4' (4 1/2' the most) But the idea to keep these sharks healthy is to the tank being a shark tank only for the other thing is they need more stronger water currents then any normal F/O system and would require more often water changes and with sharks like the blacktip, you not have any need for decorations what so ever, just open water with a sand bottom.
I would suggest sinse your large tank so compact, not so long that is, for it would be so much better if you could have two custom build sumps on both ends with a skimmer that do better then half the tank size both sides, but if you already done a reef tank, if you not mind that i suggest you make this a reef tank, just you need calcium reactors as well and the L/R.... My 180 reef tank for just the L/R was about $1,600 and still need some more back then. But no matter what you do later in this tank, you have your work cut-out for you in equipment and setup.
Now i wish i had your tank, i not have a problem with having two Queen Angelfishes together then :) Now for your tank, i might go with no smaller a sump then 300 gal and this sump would need to be custom build that on both sides, far left and far right, you have the skimmers and you would have an overflow box on both sides the tank and if your sure on that it will be a F/O tank you might want to look into having a UV (or two) And i honestly think that if you could, have two return pumps, not just one. So now i will wait and see what you think and perhaps some others here would like to enlighten you on some ideas.
Buddy :fish1:

bulldog12
02/26/2004, 01:58 AM
Wobbegong Sharks are awesome!!! I would go with that.

SpiritusSancti
02/26/2004, 09:49 AM
Thanks for helping to everyone... Especially to Dragon Moray Eels. The information was very helpful....:rollface:
SpiritusSancti
from Turkey

brigboy
02/26/2004, 11:59 AM
Here learn about the sharks.

Shark Information (http://aqua-addiction.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2596)

Tarasco1
02/26/2004, 12:42 PM
If you want help setting up your large tank, you may want to post in the Large Tank Forum, plenty of knowledge there:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=252