PDA

View Full Version : Need help with new 125G or 150G setup

SMS76
02/24/2004, 05:26 PM
Still not sure what size should i get? I am looking in to AGA125 RR but may go little bit higher.
I am planning to keep mix reef, (softies, LPS and sps). Right now i have 75G with mostly softies and LPS with few SPS.
Can you guys please help me out with few questions that i have and also other suggetions or tips that you think of that will help me with this set up.

Few Q's:
1) What do you recommend for the protein skimmer?
2) What do you recommend for calc reactor? If i keep 50/50 (softies and sps) and if i top off water with kalk (auto top off with floating switches) then do i need calc reactor? Also planning to use mostly NSW for this tank.
3) I will have a room for big sump. Thinking about 100G rubbermaid sump if i can find it locally here. Any suggetions where can i find it?
4) Any suggetions on how should i set up seperate refugium and sump?
5) What do you recommend for lighting?
6) Any good website for diagram of setup as well as instructions, if possible?
7) Do you recommend AGA125G RR? If not what do you suggest?
I heard that AGA 125G comes with three braces and it creates shaddow? Any feedback 125G AGA owner on this issue?

Thanks in advance
SMS76

Scuba_Dave
02/24/2004, 05:42 PM
I have 2 braces on mine, not RR, 3 lights, no shadow

SMS76
02/24/2004, 05:49 PM
Oooops my mistanke, thanks Dave for correction

loomisreefer
02/24/2004, 06:48 PM
ya i have a 125 aga with two drilled overflows from the company... i have triggers and wrasses and such in it, and it sux cause if a glass canopy breaks i gotta buy all three not just one.. its the way they sell them.. otherwise a nice lookin tank

Scuba_Dave
02/24/2004, 07:09 PM
Anyone want to buy my 125g glass canopies? New in the box