PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Logic Digital Temp Contoller ?? for Won Pro Heat ??

180Gallon
02/24/2004, 03:23 PM
After reading the tragic overheating thread, I guess my searching skills just plain stink becuase I swear that I searched on these won-pro heat heaters before I bought them. Now I was worried about the heaters and since the search button is disabled I hope I did not make another bad purchase. I just ordered an Aqua Logic single stage temperature controller from marine depot for $109. I am going to try and controll my won pro heat titanium heaters with it. I have 2 of the 350 watt ones. Please tell me that the aqua logic controllers are not crap!! Well, tell me if they are crap also.

Thanks,
Brent

Brodirt
02/24/2004, 03:28 PM
Sit back and wait for the advice on the controller, while watching your tempature, that is what I am doing as it was my Tragic Overheating post!

180Gallon
02/24/2004, 03:37 PM
After reading your post I got to thinking and I think that I have been manually fighting one of the heaters from staying on. I noticed that it would say that the temp was 80 and still heating even though I had it set at 80. Every time I see that it says 80 and is still heating I turn the knob down until the heating light goes out. Now I am at work worrying. Another hour and a half.

I may have lucked out getting 2 of the 350 watt ones. My original thought was to have 1 as back up but 1 of the 350 watts would not maintain my temperature. So,,, since only one seems to be acting up (or maybe I am just paranoid) I think that I have been manually un-sticking the other heater. If they both had stuck I think I would have been in trouble.

yarsrevenge
02/24/2004, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the controller your looking at was actually my second choice next to the Medusa (a little more $$$). The only mistake is at CustomAquatics.com in the catalog they list at $79.99 for the NEMA IV with titanium probe. hehe -You'll be stoked and I love how my temp is *always* at 79 degrees! Just remeber to crank the actual heater unit's temp up to about 85-90 and never worry again.
HTH

Brodirt
02/24/2004, 04:47 PM
180 I think I understand what you are doing and I am doing the same.

I dont think it is a problem with our use of the unit, I think the electronics really stink.

I found the controller at DIYreef for $60, it is on the way! :)