PDA

View Full Version : SixLine with a Jawfish???

Daragon
02/23/2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Everyone

I currently have a Pearly Jawfish and was interested in getting a SixLine Wrass but I heard that the SixLine may pick on the Pearly. Has anyone else had these two together in a tank and how did they interact, if at all?

My other fish in the tank:

Orange & White Perc
Black & White Perc (2)
Yellow Tang
Scooter Blenny
Algae Blenny
Blue Damsel (as soon as I catch him, he's out!!!!)

Thanks
Adam

komplexanomally
02/23/2004, 03:13 PM
in my experience with the 6line, it is quite friendly towads other fish. I really do not see him picking on your jawfish:) other people might have other opinions/facts. :)

Kahuna Tuna
02/23/2004, 08:49 PM
Six lines can become aggressive towards other fish, especially smaller passive fish and a jawfish might become a target. I had a sixline that became very aggressive towards a longnose hawk but he left every other fish alone, the funny thing is that they co-existed for several years before the sixline decided he didnt like the hawk anymore. I also know of others who have had sixlines who got along great with all their fish, like many fish it seems individual personalities can really vary. HTH

Peter Schmiedel
02/24/2004, 04:24 AM
Six lines are only agressive if kept in worng conditions - like alone. They are social and liuving in a harem structure. I have 5 and they even spawn regularly.

India
02/24/2004, 03:13 PM
I find 6 lines do get belligerent...My jawfish disliked almost anyone who would swim quickly or invade their territory...They were fine with gobies, blennies, cardinals and shyer wrasses.