PDA

View Full Version : bloody hell!

Vilas
02/23/2004, 01:20 PM
For those who don't know me, Hi! For those who remember me, long time no see!
I got a message from a BRS member who recognised me on a different forum (Hi KAT!!) and said I'd pop by to say hello.

DAMN, you guys have come far. 500 members? MACNA? Am I reading this right?

Congrats to everyone who made this work. But man - do you guys miss our parking lot frag swaps sometimes? :) (I sure as hell do)

All's well over here - I'm still reefless in london, unwilling to start one up due to excessive amounts of travel and incertainty of where I'll be for the next few years. So, like, give your reefs a kiss for me, I'm jealous.

Hope you're all well!

Charlotte

moe_k
02/23/2004, 01:24 PM
Wow. Welcome back stranger! :lol:

tstone
02/23/2004, 01:25 PM
Charlotte Hows things?? Sounds like you are doing well. You should pop over for a visit during MACNA in Sept. Flights aren't to bad from London.
I think we all would love a visit from the reef chick!

ScavDog
02/23/2004, 01:44 PM
Charlotte!

Come visit us in September!

KAS
02/23/2004, 03:11 PM
Charlotte,
Glad you checked out the BRS forum. How quickly things change huh? I agree with the others, come over for MACNA. I promise you won't be sorry. Since you seem to do a lot of traveling for work maybe you could work a trip over here around then.

Keep an eye on this forum. Things progress and change quickly. Have you checked out the thread that talks about some of the guest speakers Moe and team are trying to line up for meetings? Last year we had Borneman and Calfo. This year I think March is Tyree (but I could be wrong).

Figure out how to come back for MACNA and have a great time with some old friends.
-Karen

Vilas
02/24/2004, 08:57 AM
Wow, nice to hear from you all! I'm grinning from ear to ear reading this. September, eh? I might just try to make it. As long as it's not the summer, I can usually find cheap flights...and I haven't been to Boston in years.

Well congrats again in any case. I still can't believe how fast the BRS went from getting kicked out of Kelley's on route 1 to all of this.
I'm SOOOOO JEALOUS of all of your tanks!

mikeroby1969
02/24/2004, 05:08 PM
Geez.... Long time no see.... Someone brought the first BRS post up to the top the other day and I saw your name in there... There was only a few of us that posted in that one... I remember the swap at Kelly's quite well.... The managers face was priceless... It was a beautiful day for a outdoor swap... We have all come a long way since then... Good luck and when you come to the area again we can have a BRS reunion.... Everyone can all come to my store, I will supply the beer....

Mike

ScavDog
02/24/2004, 05:21 PM
Yea, Mike opened the first LFS/Package store. It's a phenominal success. :P

Marco67
02/24/2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by ScavDog
Yea, Mike opened the first LFS/Package store. It's a phenominal success. :P

It's amazing what you can get away with in NH
But I like it! ...and Mikes not bad either :lol:

StrikeThree
03/19/2004, 09:18 PM
very impressive, all. 500 members? I will definitely be up for MACNA, working for a public aquarium has not sucked all of the love for reeftanks out of me yet - who would have thunk all this from that meeting at the rainforest cafe....

congrats,

brian

Reef-lite
03/19/2004, 09:32 PM
Wow! First a post from Charlotte and then a post from Roby!! I'm in shock. Hey Charlotte, we miss you and your positive energy. Aren't you sick of the dreary weather in London? Come back to the dreary weather in Boston!

Jim

Reef-lite
03/19/2004, 09:34 PM
Just a clarification, we have over 300 members and almost 300 friends.

moe_k
03/20/2004, 12:31 AM
Sheesh! A post from Brian too. That takes me back.
Only one other (Gagnu) I've seen around from the very 1st meeting. If the other two are around, thou shalt sound off!

GobieWanKenobie
03/20/2004, 01:50 AM
So good to hear from you Charlotte. I too remember the days of being booted from Kelly's and having a frag swap in the cold parking lot. Seeing your name again brings up a lot of memories of when everything was just starting to pull together, wish you were still here to swap battle stories with.

ScavDog
03/20/2004, 03:13 AM
Holy Sh**. It's a Boston Reefers OG reuntion.

Nice to see you guys are doing well.

Ed!? Whats up man? Got a nano huh?? Lets hook that thing up. I have some colonies started from your frags.

-Joe

GobieWanKenobie
03/23/2004, 02:41 PM
Whassup Joe? I got my nano up and kicking now, maybe just about three more weeks before I can start jamming it full of corals. I got my 32 Watt retrofit lighting kit yesterday but the damn bulb was broken. What has been going on? Still have the NSW experiment kicking?