PDA

View Full Version : time to re-arrange.. ahhh

Chris Mu.
02/22/2004, 10:38 PM
Hi, my name is Chris and i am a cumpulsive tank re arranger"

*every one claps*

I know its bad but every time i get a new coral i jsut wanna arrange the rocks so i can have a better looking structure that can accomidate for more corals

*guy yells "I hear ya buddy! Im there for ya"

Thanks guy! *points at him*

Any ways i've gotten better i havent re arranged my tank in about 3 months...

*everyone claps*

.. but i jsut got this new Montipora ..

crowd * uh oh *

and well i already had to move one rock .. what's one more rock.. or two .. or all of em ..

*girl yells "fight it, Fight the urge"*

Yeah, thanks guys

*looks at tank.. looks at people .. looks at tank .. looks at tank .. looks at tank .. looks at people .. looks at hand.. looks at tank ..*

AHHHHH Screw it .. grab me a bucket ! get me some towels.. now! .. runs to tank .. presses face to glass .. its okay rocks im here for ya .. you'll look better tonight"

lol

zrograviti
02/23/2004, 01:03 AM
Lol I like your style of writing.
I feel ya. I gotta take my whole tank down this week, because my new custom sump and euroreef 5-2 are coming. Need to make little adjustment to my custom tank stand; little sawing and nailing. wish me luck!

Pineapple House
02/23/2004, 01:11 AM
I think we have split personalities here ;)

In all seriousness, I also find myself rearranging the rockwork constantly. There's certainly nothing wrong with it, improvement is always good :)

Take Care,
Graham

Reefmedic79
02/23/2004, 01:16 AM
Small world, I'm taking down my setup also this week. I have a horrible bubble algea breakout and am having to remove them manually. Fortunately I'm killing 2/3 birds here, I'm also adding another inch of LS, 50 lbs. of base rock, installing a GFCI, hooking up a 10g Refugium, and installing 4 new PHs with a Redsea Wavepro to the tank.

Chris Mu.
02/23/2004, 01:21 AM
im almost done .. i'll post a b4 and after shot
its tough if you started out with lps and polyps .. and now you want clams and sps .. cause everything that was up top gets moved around to make room for the light dependent corals

geonator
02/23/2004, 01:23 AM
i think that you will continue to rearranging until you get it perfect, when you find that exact idea of what you tank will look to perfection;)

Chris Mu.
02/23/2004, 01:54 AM
i dont think there is a perfect

i have about 60 corals right now in my 90 .. i know the day is goig to come where i cant add anything new .. as it is i have trouble finding room for all my stuff

Chris Mu.
02/23/2004, 03:04 AM
new arrangement
http://images.fotopic.net/?id=2954621&outx=600&oq=0

r^^^right after i did it .. thats why its cloudy

old arrangement:

Chris Mu.
02/23/2004, 03:30 AM
i decided to do wa water change while i was messing around in there .. took out liek 10 gallons ... first water change ever in that tank .. it smelled like someone who ate eggs like 3 hours ago was chillin in my room.. heh heh... and the water in the bucket was sooo brown ..i should prolly start doing em more often .. i dont have any probs though .. so idk

gcvt
02/23/2004, 05:40 AM
LOL - you're not alone! I hadn't done any major rearranging in about two years - I was well on my way to recovery.

Then, I went out and bought a purple-tip frogspawn. All I needed to do was move one little rock to make the perfect spot for him. But, Nooooooooo!

Six hours later, the entire left side of my tank was re-aquascaped and the frogspawn had a new home. The worst part is that I removed enough live rock (tank was packed!) to start up yet another tank...

...it never ends.

http://www.motorworld.com/gcvt/pets/fish/reef/pics/cloudy1.jpg

http://www.motorworld.com/gcvt/pets/fish/reef/pics/cloudy2.jpg

Those are 'during' pics...don't have an 'after' pic yet.

schemo
02/23/2004, 08:29 AM
i change mine about every couple of months, i guess it's a reefer thing????

schemo

baron_vonklyff
02/23/2004, 09:19 AM
I have been a good boy. I have not done a full re-aquascaping since I set up my 180 gallon. I have done the occasional addition of rock, or turn a rock around...but not full scale rearrangement.

....although, come to think of it, this coral would look great over there, and that coral would have to move to accomodate the change, and I would have to move those shrooms to make a place for the displaced coral. Hmmmm....now that I think of it, all of that could be over there, and if I moved that I could make room for another great cave structure. That, and the new Tunzes have to be hidden somewhere! Looks like I have some work to do!!!!