PDA

View Full Version : Pretty new to reef...questions here

qwuintus
02/17/2004, 04:13 PM
Wow a forum dedicated to Southern Californians.. great..
Are there any meets that happen here. Get togethers whatnot.
Is it a club only thing and others get charged or just a friendly thing where enthusiast can get together, maybe trade stuff and talk about reef? I would be intrested. Also could use the veterans advice too. If there are, hope to see some reefers around. hehe :smokin:

dattack
02/17/2004, 04:16 PM
Dude. Where have you been? THere must hav been at least 2-3 big get togethers and there are a few in the upcoming month or two. :)

Wilafur
02/17/2004, 04:17 PM
there ae 2 main clubs in socal. one is maslac and mainly for LA folks and northern socal people. the other is scmas which is mainly for southern socal people.

the clubs both sponsor frag swaps on average of 2x a year, howver, there a few reefers that like to set up swaps at their homes....such as o2manyfish. he has one coming up in april.

all in all, everyone here is quirky and reefaholics. welcome to the club!

qwuintus
02/17/2004, 04:21 PM
Sweet. Any youngsters here or do I have to hang around a bunch of old cranky beer chuggers all day? haha j/k
I wont be home till this thursday, so where can i find any info on reef meets. My 30g nano has been cycling for about 9months and im getting ready to do some real damage to it. its been good, got like 50lbs of rock in there and whats weird is the 2 crappy damsels i tossed in there are still alive while the fish my dad liked all died.. weird but o well, i cant diagnose the situation because i have been home. anyways i hope to meet all you so cal people too!

ps. anyone into bmw's and motorcycles?

warlockgp
02/17/2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by qwuintus
Sweet. Any youngsters here or do I have to hang around a bunch of old cranky beer chuggers all day? haha j/k
I wont be home till this thursday, so where can i find any info on reef meets. My 30g nano has been cycling for about 9months and im getting ready to do some real damage to it. its been good, got like 50lbs of rock in there and whats weird is the 2 crappy damsels i tossed in there are still alive while the fish my dad liked all died.. weird but o well, i cant diagnose the situation because i have been home. anyways i hope to meet all you so cal people too!

ps. anyone into bmw's and motorcycles?

Hey nothing wrong with beer chuggin. I'm 20, i mean 21. How old are you dude?

Where in CA are you?

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
02/17/2004, 07:43 PM
I'm an old beer chugger.

argi
02/17/2004, 09:00 PM
SCMAS meets the third friday of every month (this coming friday the 20th) and you can get info here www.scmas.org

MASLAC meets the 2nd saturday of the month and you can get info on that club here www.maslac.org

There are frag swaps coming up the next few month and just search the SCMAS section of RC for dates, location and times.

Keith

David P
02/17/2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by BlAcK_PeRcUlA
I'm an old beer chugger.
yeah 14 year old!

JellyTheory
02/18/2004, 03:14 AM
Most of the kids around here act older than most of the grown-ups. :P I know one of them is probably smarter too. :)

You said you weren't able to diagnose the problem because you haven't been home...have you been racing those BMWs or Motorcycles you're in to? :D

-Chris

deadmanh
02/18/2004, 05:17 AM
21 here.... to help the 20 year olds.... muahaha
Huntington beach/ riverside

qwuintus
02/21/2004, 02:19 AM
I have duty this weekend and no, not racing I been away because of the military- too bad I have no frags to swap, but I did come home to a nice 45 hexagon thats going to be reef.

warlockgp
02/21/2004, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by deadmanh
21 here.... to help the 20 year olds.... muahaha
Huntington beach/ riverside

I'm 20, help me............

I'm in between HB and Riverside...........

deadmanh
02/21/2004, 03:16 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, no prob....

:-) im an angel!

qwuintus
02/23/2004, 01:51 PM
so where can i find out dates for meets?